MXSEMF vs 2018 [Informations]

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

nioubie
Team: *eMc*

Re: MXSEMF vs 2018 [Informations]

Post by nioubie »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:So any idea when they're going to release the new website? I'm just kind of concerned about emf being able to get all memberships in on time.
Can we at least get a heads up on the amount memberships will be as well? Not sure why we need to keep it a secret, it's not going to take any hype away from the series announcement.
I agree with Devin, it'd be nice to have an update on memberships.
Well memberships will be announced soon i think. it should not change much from last year thought.

what i can tell is i'm working really hard on the website .

The goal is to have most things being automatic, so admins can focus on hosting instead of putting licenses or race passes.

The website should close on friday for 2 days of closed testing and bug fixing, and re-open on monday. Licenses may be updated during this.

There will be a topic about it since theres lot of changes.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

nioubie wrote:
Well memberships will be announced soon i think. it should not change much from last year thought.

The goal is to have most things being automatic, so admins can focus on hosting instead of putting licenses or race passes.

The website should close on friday for 2 days of closed testing and bug fixing, and re-open on monday. Licenses may be updated during this.

Alright, thanks for the update. That's all I wished to know.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I get what you're saying Devin, I wasn't actually speaking as much toward that time period though that was frustrating, I also took into account your point. I think only once I posted the day before and/or earlier in the day. The test races you mentioned were after this time period and post "kicker lip" update. My schedule didn't allow more notice (hence a big reason rF is no longer hosting the series). I was more frustrated during:

From July 28- Sept 5 there were 47 tracks/updates created released with testing nearly every night.

I understand that it may take a minute to download a track and join a server, but riders were practicing in other servers and or joining elims around the same time frames repeatedly, but wouldn't take the time to help test. Those same people are typically the ones who complain the most. We could've just kept using old tracks for testing, but to try and help increase the appeal to coming to play we tried to provide new tracks so we could get a better test, the turnouts still didn't come. This testing happened nearly every single night. There wasn't a ton of planning needed because it was daily.

As they say about the election, if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain. If you didn't take time to help test, don't complain about erode.

Saying someone should have went through the ridiculous amount of work to host a series just to test erode is an extremely inefficient way to use resources and not exactly possible to do REAL testing. You can't really do that without base testing first, at least not properly to get anything out of it. You have to run the same track multiple times with multiple changes/updates to actually learn how the changes you are making will effect the racing and how it'll play out. I get the type of testing you're talking about with a test series, but with the erode "kicker fix" update coming so late, there really hasn't been enough time to put something proper together.

Don't worry though, there were some people dedicated to help and a group dedicated enough to learn the system well enough to confidently head into A1 with some good base settings. Just like traction or suspension tuning, it won't be perfect for everyone and it will be a continual learning and improving process, but everyone will face the same conditions. We'll watch and learn and take constructive feedback into account and make educated decisions to improve it each time.

It's nothing new for a vocal few in the community to make huge waves out of puddles of "what ifs" before even trying it instead of trusting and respecting the experienced people whom have been entrusted with the series. Thankfully the MXSEMF guys and the rF track crew have faith in eachother and are prepared to make this work and work well and we know we have JLV's support if and when needed because...well, he's the freaking man/myth/legend.

Nothing but respect for your post Devin, the reply wasn't aimed solely at you or anyone in particular.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

nioubie wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
Can we at least get a heads up on the amount memberships will be as well? Not sure why we need to keep it a secret, it's not going to take any hype away from the series announcement.
I agree with Devin, it'd be nice to have an update on memberships.

Thanks for the continued hard work!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:Long post
I understand with everything you said right now Chex and I'm just hoping erode works because I'm one of the people who want it to work, but haven't ridden too much of it. SX will be a learning experience for everyone, and I'm looking forward to it.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Ddavis wrote:
checkerz wrote:There has been plenty of erode testing, just unfortunately only a handful chose to participate.
I don't want to be wrong here but if I remember right most of the testing was "Erode testing in 30 min join this server"

There was a test race on December 1st at 7:15pm (Friday night), and was posted at 6:00pm that night (1 hour and 15 minutes notice)
Another one on August 21st at 7:00pm (Monday night), with the topic made at 5:00pm (2 hours notice)
Another one on August 11th at 7:00pm with no notice ahead of time (Friday night), basically a topic saying join the server immediately to test.
and finally a server test on July 30th at 6:30pm with no notice ahead of time, same as before, basically a topic announcing server testing immediately.

I don't know if I'm being a nitpicker here, but I'd imagine if you wanted more people to participate in an erode test and you were serious about it, then you should have made an official "erode testing mini-series" on a select night with a couple days of notice ahead of time. I'm not complaining Chris, because I know you're going to take it that way, but when you have 2 hours tops of being notified of a race, it's unlikely you'll be able to make it. Hey, some nights I probably could have made it into a test race, but most of the time I'm not checking the racing forum especially for new events at 5-6pm on a Friday night, a lot of us are probably out riding bmx, hanging with our girlfriends, or hanging with our buddies on a Friday night. I'm not trying to call you out, but you can't turn into the victim and blame us when you hosted three test races with erode back-to-back-to-back with essentially zero notice then host another one three months later with a similar one hour heads up. Take it for what it is, if you wanted a better turnout, give us at least 24 hour heads up of a test server race and I'm sure the turnout would have doubled or tripled and you would have gotten what you wanted.
at the end of the day...Erode still needs to be fixed..there are still issues with it. I would NOT race on it, thats for sure. The people who make the tracks should make the call on whether or not to use it. I know EMF says theres been huge leaps in erode..but not on the issues that it had in the first place. If not enough testing is done on it to fix it (from my experience the problem is still there no matter what but my testing hasnt been as extensive so take that for what it is), then it shouldn't be used. That should be the call of the track makers, not the hosts.

My 2 Cents
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

nioubie wrote:The website should close on friday for 2 days of closed testing and bug fixing, and re-open on monday. Licenses may be updated during this.

If A1 is the Wednesday before the real race, that's going to give you two days to figure everything out post-website launch. Hope everything is ran smoothly.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Yamahaman95 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
checkerz wrote:There has been plenty of erode testing, just unfortunately only a handful chose to participate.
I don't know why you guys think erode isn't good enough, The emf erode test race went really good with 20 people. The track eroded really good even though they had erode on 4 which was a bit to high, I think it's about as good as it's gonna get for racing. I'm sure the performance could be a bit better but other than that its pretty sick so far.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Lnxa wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote:
Ddavis wrote: .
I don't know why you guys think erode isn't good enough, The emf erode test race went really good with 20 people. The track eroded really good even though they had erode on 4 which was a bit to high, I think it's about as good as it's gonna get for racing. I'm sure the performance could be a bit better but other than that its pretty sick so far.
We don't have a problem with the way the tracks are developing, just how our computers handle it. As I said, I've only tested it in one server with a few people and it could have been the server and not the erode itself. #blameyzed
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Yamahaman95 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
I don't want to be wrong here but if I remember right most of the testing was "Erode testing in 30 min join this server"

There was a test race on December 1st at 7:15pm (Friday night), and was posted at 6:00pm that night (1 hour and 15 minutes notice)
Another one on August 21st at 7:00pm (Monday night), with the topic made at 5:00pm (2 hours notice)
Another one on August 11th at 7:00pm with no notice ahead of time (Friday night), basically a topic saying join the server immediately to test.
and finally a server test on July 30th at 6:30pm with no notice ahead of time, same as before, basically a topic announcing server testing immediately.

I don't know if I'm being a nitpicker here, but I'd imagine if you wanted more people to participate in an erode test and you were serious about it, then you should have made an official "erode testing mini-series" on a select night with a couple days of notice ahead of time. I'm not complaining Chris, because I know you're going to take it that way, but when you have 2 hours tops of being notified of a race, it's unlikely you'll be able to make it. Hey, some nights I probably could have made it into a test race, but most of the time I'm not checking the racing forum especially for new events at 5-6pm on a Friday night, a lot of us are probably out riding bmx, hanging with our girlfriends, or hanging with our buddies on a Friday night. I'm not trying to call you out, but you can't turn into the victim and blame us when you hosted three test races with erode back-to-back-to-back with essentially zero notice then host another one three months later with a similar one hour heads up. Take it for what it is, if you wanted a better turnout, give us at least 24 hour heads up of a test server race and I'm sure the turnout would have doubled or tripled and you would have gotten what you wanted.
at the end of the day...Erode still needs to be fixed..there are still issues with it. I would NOT race on it, thats for sure. The people who make the tracks should make the call on whether or not to use it. I know EMF says theres been huge leaps in erode..but not on the issues that it had in the first place. If not enough testing is done on it to fix it (from my experience the problem is still there no matter what but my testing hasnt been as extensive so take that for what it is), then it shouldn't be used. That should be the call of the track makers, not the hosts.

My 2 Cents
it's 100% the call of the trackmakers, i didn't tell them anything about it
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
trey127
Team: EBR PERFORMANCE

Post by trey127 »

I hope the ams day is the same it has been for the years past
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Lnxa wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote:
Ddavis wrote: .
Correct. And I know Stephen was privy to the details on that and is in agreement it should be used.

The lower the number we've found also lowers PC demand. I would expect to see 1-3 as server side setting at A1.
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

Just wondering, is it going to be a completely new website, or and update to the old one? Thanks
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

HarryWhite71 wrote:Just wondering, is it going to be a completely new website, or and update to the old one? Thanks
Completely new update. New features and new look.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Wahlamt wrote:
HarryWhite71 wrote:Just wondering, is it going to be a completely new website, or and update to the old one? Thanks
Completely new update. New features and new look.
same url
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF