2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

manii20

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by manii20 »

DBRider251 wrote: I have an 8350 and a 970, which should be more than capable of running it, but I get shitty frames and frame drops. I’ve tried everything I could to get better, but idk. Maybe I should just buy an i9 and 2 1080 Ti’s
Locking your fps might be smoother to play, I have that in mind if I get fps spikes in the heat
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

DBRider251 wrote: I have an 8350 and a 970, which should be more than capable of running it, but I get shitty frames and frame drops. I’ve tried everything I could to get better, but idk. Maybe I should just buy an i9 and 2 1080 Ti’s
The turning point for me was

1. Shaders/copy
2. Turning off/down alot of the stuff in Nvidia control panel.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

manii20 wrote:
Locking your fps might be smoother to play, I have that in mind if I get fps spikes in the heat
I would lock my FPS, but it’s dipping in the 30s and 40s. I don’t understand what I have turned up to fuck up my FPS that bad.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
manii20

Post by manii20 »

DBRider251 wrote: I would lock my FPS, but it’s dipping in the 30s and 40s. I don’t understand what I have turned up to fuck up my FPS that bad.
Oh weird, hope I won't have such a low fps since I haven't tried erode race with full gate since I got new GPU.
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

DBRider251 wrote:
manii20 wrote:
I would lock my FPS, but it’s dipping in the 30s and 40s. I don’t understand what I have turned up to fuck up my FPS that bad.
If you have compress textures off turn them to always. Use shaders or hardware copy not direct. Hardware copy will give you better fps then shaders copy. Try using 128x128 ground texture res or less. Also make sure all your graphics card setting are default/low. I have a 600$ prebuilt from 5 years ago with medium graphics that still look pretty good. With 22 riders on erode I don't drop below 70 fps. You should not have any problem at all. Also make sure you don't have any other programs up putting a big load on your pc
Den-dieter
Team: 347 Racing

Post by Den-dieter »

When will the track be released?? NA pro is in 12hours??
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

Den-dieter wrote:When will the track be released?? NA pro is in 12hours??
Already released. Password comes out an hour before the race.

I didn't realize I don't have a pro license and just requested one. Whoever is in charge of that, will I get one in time for the race?
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

ryanmx25 wrote:If you have compress textures off turn them to always. Use shaders or hardware copy not direct. Hardware copy will give you better fps then shaders copy. Try using 128x128 ground texture res or less. Also make sure all your graphics card setting are default/low. I have a 600$ prebuilt from 5 years ago with medium graphics that still look pretty good. With 22 riders on erode I don't drop below 70 fps. You should not have any problem at all. Also make sure you don't have any other programs up putting a big load on your pc
Thanks Ryan, I'll try that.
MOTO NATIOM112 wrote:I didn't realize I don't have a pro license and just requested one. Whoever is in charge of that, will I get one in time for the race?
He's been on top of it, you should have one.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
taelale
Team: VlastMX

Post by taelale »

So do we know what level erode is going to be on? -sorry if I missed it somewhere
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

DBRider251 wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:
Matias43_ wrote:
Get a better PC Noobs. Just kidding, honestly I pray for everyone that has not such a good pc for tomorrow night.
I have an 8350 and a 970, which should be more than capable of running it, but I get shitty frames and frame drops. I’ve tried everything I could to get better, but idk. Maybe I should just buy an i9 and 2 1080 Ti’s
Is the Processor a i5 you are using? Bc I have a i7 4790 and a 970 and i get 0 lag spike on a 22 man gate on erode.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

taelale wrote:So do we know what level erode is going to be on? -sorry if I missed it somewhere
Server erode value is only part of the equation. They have a custom tilemap that defines the erosion around the track, so even if they told you the server erode setting before hand it would be irrelevant. Just wait and find out.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Also everyone please read, and spread the word. This isn't a rule, but I do believe it helps us in the long run from people fighting, and not getting the lap times they deserve.

Amateurs please remember. With the hour of qualifying the pros are given. Please stay out of qualifying servers for that hour and play in time trial or something. Last year in rf the first round was chaotic and no one could hardly run laps. Because of 30-40 people in a server. You guys have 2 days to qualify we have an hour. Thank you.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

Dunivant25 wrote:Also everyone please read, and spread the word. This isn't a rule, but I do believe it helps us in the long run from people fighting, and not getting the lap times they deserve.

Amateurs please remember. With the hour of qualifying the pros are given. Please stay out of qualifying servers for that hour and play in time trial or something. Last year in rf the first round was chaotic and no one could hardly run laps. Because of 30-40 people in a server. You guys have 2 days to qualify we have an hour. Thank you.
Really wish this was a rule. I hate to sound entitled but you're right. We only have an hour to figure out the lines and put in a time to get in to such a stacked class.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Clfitty wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:Also everyone please read, and spread the word. This isn't a rule, but I do believe it helps us in the long run from people fighting, and not getting the lap times they deserve.

Really wish this was a rule. I hate to sound entitled but you're right. We only have an hour to figure out the lines and put in a time to get in to such a stacked class.
Can't you just restrict entry to the qual servers to only those UID's that have registered for the race?
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
Can't you just restrict entry to the qual servers to only those UID's that have registered for the race?
It was done in the past like 2013-ish, but for some reason I know it wasn't used moving forward. Not sure if there was an issue, a pain to put it in, or just lack of desire to do it. Not sure. Actually, I do think we had a seeded server just last year right for at least the top x amount of riders?

I also just noticed only 9 servers are listed for quali compared to the 18 used last year. I have contacted Max with a couple of solutions that will hopefully work to get more servers to help thin the herd per say.