2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by DBRider251 »

I really, REALLY, hate to be this guy, but some of these kids in Am’s could not have possibly set their quali laps. I watched a kid, who “set” a 1:01 in quali never run below a 1:10 in his heat and lcq. And he didn’t even have falloffs on that 1:10.

I understand people get nervous, and try to run more consistent lap times rather than heaters, but a 9 second difference? Just doesn’t seem likely.
i know I’m about to get ripped because apparently I complain in here 24/7, but fuck it
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

DBRider251 wrote:I really, REALLY, hate to be this guy, but some of these kids in Am’s could not have possibly set their quali laps. I watched a kid, who “set” a 1:01 in quali never run below a 1:10 in his heat and lcq. And he didn’t even have falloffs on that 1:10.

I understand people get nervous, and try to run more consistent lap times rather than heaters, but a 9 second difference? Just doesn’t seem likely.
i know I’m about to get ripped because apparently I complain in here 24/7, but fuck it
Well the thing is the erode is a totally different animal. I can run a 1:01 easily with no erode, turn that stuff on buy the 4th lap I'm not going faster than a 1:04.... Now think about that in am world.

Also, in your bottom line that you had to have in size 25 font...... Nobody thinks you are complaining, you just come off a little pushy... so.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Dunivant25 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:I really, REALLY, hate to be this guy, but some of these kids in Am’s could not have possibly set their quali laps. I watched a kid, who “set” a 1:01 in quali never run below a 1:10 in his heat and lcq. And he didn’t even have falloffs on that 1:10.

Well the thing is the erode is a totally different animal. I can run a 1:01 easily with no erode, turn that stuff on buy the 4th lap I'm not going faster than a 1:04.... Now think about that in am world.

Also, in your bottom line that you had to have in size 25 font...... Nobody thinks you are complaining, you just come off a little pushy... so.
I think Lane is right. If someone in novice gets a lap set for them and gets moved to B, there is no way they are going to be able to get into am by them selves if they can't qualify to novice on their own. Instead of getting better, they're just going to keep having laps run for them and in turn pushing out people that are definitely faster but couldn't set that incredible time.

107% rule is definitely helping novices though, would be interesting to see if it was effective from 250 am to 450 am.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

450 ams is not the next step after 250 ams ! Alot of fuya do one coast on 250 and the other one on 450 since they can’t do both coasts on 450! It is not like the big class 450 pro where it is a step forward after 250 pro
Sabo wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:

I think Lane is right. If someone in novice gets a lap set for them and gets moved to B, there is no way they are going to be able to get into am by them selves if they can't qualify to novice on their own. Instead of getting better, they're just going to keep having laps run for them and in turn pushing out people that are definitely faster but couldn't set that incredible time.

107% rule is definitely helping novices though, would be interesting to see if it was effective from 250 am to 450 am.
Phil Doyon #423
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

i legit set a 59.3 and the only reason why i did was because i took some crazy lines and basically went as fast as i could go in every turn.. i'd never be able to go that fast consistently nor be able to hit the lines i did consistently.. ANYBODY could run a hotlap.. especially when you have 3 days to run it
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

Not trying to be that guy and always complain, but having a 58.6 in Ams qualifying is great and all however once you get to the main and have a 30 second lead over 2nd place by the end of the race is a tad overboard. I understand erode was new and all for everyone but if you can go out and win by 30 seconds then ya need to be bumped.

Overall my first experience was fine with erode in racing just the shading was a bit off, thanks barrington for fixing for next week, some ruts i just couldn't see that well. Thank you EMF for continuing the series it brought a new challenge to this already difficult game.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Why not have timed qualifying for the AM's as well? It won't be an entirely fresh track for them as they'll have a few days of practice on it, but at least they'll have to lay down a hot lap within a set 1 hour time frame. It would help by lowering the chance riders can simply get lucky by pounding out a zillion laps to get 1 abnormally fast lap time.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Why not have timed qualifying for the AM's as well? It won't be an entirely fresh track for them as they'll have a few days of practice on it, but at least they'll have to lay down a hot lap within a set 1 hour time frame. It would help by lowering the chance riders can simply get lucky by pounding out a zillion laps to get 1 abnormally fast lap time.
This sounds like a great idea, +1+1+1
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Why not have timed qualifying for the AM's as well? It won't be an entirely fresh track for them as they'll have a few days of practice on it, but at least they'll have to lay down a hot lap within a set 1 hour time frame. It would help by lowering the chance riders can simply get lucky by pounding out a zillion laps to get 1 abnormally fast lap time.
YES YES YES.

I would love to have 1, maybe 2, hours for qualifying. Like you said, we’d have time, but we’d still have to set a good time in that 1-2 hour timeframe.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

+1 for timed am qualifying. I only got 4 sessions on the track and couldn't make it in. Yeah I know it's my fault for not having time but still. Really difficult when 10-40th place are within a second and a half from each other.
Would weed out the consistent people from the hot lap heroes who can't race.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I think they should do 2014 style, limited qualifying, for ams. Suggested it last year too. Wouldn't keep people from pounding out laps for hours on end, but it would keep them from doing it in a quali server. They'd actually have to get that lucky lap at the right time. Helps people like me, who work 40+ hour weeks and usually only get anywhere from 1-10 races on the track before the race
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
grabow312

Post by grabow312 »

I NEED A TEAM
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

grabow312 wrote:I NEED A TEAM
My boy Austin is back at it.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

Lnxa wrote:
grabow312 wrote:I NEED A TEAM
My boy Austin is back at it.
This DUDE HASNT POSTED IN OVER FIVE YEARS :shock: :shock: :shock:
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

model_90 wrote:This DUDE HASNT POSTED IN OVER FIVE YEARS :shock: :shock: :shock:
Quick maffs...

Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X