2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

bmx2k02

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by bmx2k02 »

LKR47 wrote:I'm here to complain about ams qualifying again. It's getting ridiculous.
We need one hour qualifying like the pros get. The issue is not "fast ams" taking all of the top spots; it's hot lap heroes try harding for four days straight. Ams get 96 hours, from the time the track is released til sunday night, to run a fast lap. You have guys in the servers most of that crashing every single lap except for maybe one lucky lap where they run a fast lap. As of right now the top 22 in 450 ams could have qualified for the pro race. If we had one hour to qualify how many of those people would have been able to run their times? Not many. Moving away from top 22 there are at least 15 people in the top 40 who are at the back of the pack every night during racing. Last in their heats, last in their LCQ. A lot of these guys do not know how to race. "Thats the way ams are. If you want people who know how to race move up to pro!". There are three tiers that I see when I look at mxs racing as a whole. Pro level: fast, consistent guys. Am level: slower, but somewhat consistent and lastly novice where theyre mostly slow and inconsistent. With qualifying being so long, you're allowing people to go out and hold the throttle wide while they throw themselves all over the track until they get a fast lap. You're letting these people take the consistent guys spot therefor the quality of racing and your series plummets.
I've been racing for 3+ years and it has never been this bad. I think it's bullshit that I can go out in a quali session and run a decently fast ams time and not crash once while finishing 1st and the guy who finishes 15th 60 seconds behind the guy in 14th runs a lucky lap. Yeah I know its a quali session and it doesnt matter what place you get, but these kids dont care about the quality of racing.
I've never complained about having to pay but I feel as though I wasted $20. I appreciate the tracks, the time and the hosting but I feel like EMF could do a little more to make it truly fair to the guys who actually care about the racing.
Yeah people will have the track memorized, but if you send it every lap in one hour quali and dont get your fast lap then you're fucked.
One hour qualifying. Let's make it happen guys.
agreed
Mxkid823
Team: SPINC

Post by Mxkid823 »

Something needs to happen. Last week we had two full days to qualify for Am's and I qualified 40th but made the main no problem because the hot lap heroes can't ride motos. This week is not even funny anymore. Pulling a 54 doesn't make you "not Am" or "Pro" if it took you 4 days to pull it off. If you're pulling stupid lap times every lap then maybe you should have some respect and move up or something, but they're not the problem. We need at max 3 sessions of 15min+1 lap in the four day period or something because giving these kids four days of constant laps getting logged is too much. Sometimes it's not good to try and fix something that's not broken but this is far gone and needs help. Last year am's had one day, give it actually 20 hours from 12am EST to 8pm EST on Thursday's and there were barely any issues.
2019 BRMXS Amat Supercross Part 1 [NA] 450SX Champion
3 - rF Amateur [NA] SX Wins (Oakland & Houston 2019; Atlanta 2020)
1 - MXSEMF Amateur [NA] SX Win (Minneapolis 2019)
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

At the end of the day, the EMF crew is going to do what they feel is best for RACING (not qualifying). Keeping these people out of pros until they can race like pros would be priority if I were running the series. I would love to see a limited qualifying format thrown in, but I'm not going to sit and bitch about it because we're lucky there is any racing to be doing this year. When rF decided to hand it over, EMF could've easily gone, "No, we don't wanna host a race at times that work better for the NA guys. We're just continue to do our thing for the EU guys, and if that includes a NA Supercross series, awesome. If not, so be it." So just consider yourselves lucky there is a series this year. Could some things be done better to allow for more fairness? Sure. But then think about the guys that would be kept from racing because they're too fast for novice and too slow for ams, assuming the quali format changed. They'd be the ones saying, "I feel like I wasted $20." 2 sides to every coin boys
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

RXR_Banjo wrote:This would be so nice!
Mxkid823 wrote:Honestly this 5 days for am qualifying is getting old. A bunch of kids try harding the track all week for a qualifying lap but can't run laps at all in the heats or the main. Wish we had a limited session count like 2015 SX qualifying.
Gucci#9473
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

mxsrider96 wrote: So just consider yourselves lucky there is a series this year. Could some things be done better to allow for more fairness? Sure. But then think about the guys that would be kept from racing because they're too fast for novice and too slow for ams.
Lucky that I can't qualify for a race that I know I should be qualifying for? I shouldnt have to run a PRO time for AMS. If the other people can't qualify then they should get faster or more consistent. Before there wasn't a novice class so it'd be just like that. It's not fair to the guys who can race and that will drive us away then there'll be nothing but spodes in the races.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

LKR47 wrote:Lucky that I can't qualify for a race that I know I should be qualifying for? I shouldnt have to run a PRO time for AMS. If the other people can't qualify then they should get faster or more consistent. Before there wasn't a novice class so it'd be just like that. It's not fair to the guys who can race and that will drive us away then there'll be nothing but spodes in the races.
Dude, I'm in the same boat. I have to get pulled into the race tonight for the first time since '15. But, im not going to bitch because the options right now are either hope they decide to change the quali format, keep qualifying like I am and hope I get to race, or never get a chance to race because the series doesn't exist
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
RAMIREZ122
Team: TavellaBrosRacing

Post by RAMIREZ122 »

RadRacer wrote:
LKR47 wrote:I'm here to complain about ams qualifying again. It's getting ridiculous.
We need one hour qualifying like the pros get. The issue is not "fast ams" taking all of the top spots; it's hot lap heroes try harding for four days straight. Ams get 96 hours, from the time the track is released til sunday night, to run a fast lap. You have guys in the servers most of that crashing every single lap except for maybe one lucky lap where they run a fast lap. As of right now the top 22 in 450 ams could have qualified for the pro race. If we had one hour to qualify how many of those people would have been able to run their times? Not many. Moving away from top 22 there are at least 15 people in the top 40 who are at the back of the pack every night during racing. Last in their heats, last in their LCQ. A lot of these guys do not know how to race. "Thats the way ams are. If you want people who know how to race move up to pro!". There are three tiers that I see when I look at mxs racing as a whole. Pro level: fast, consistent guys. Am level: slower, but somewhat consistent and lastly novice where theyre mostly slow and inconsistent. With qualifying being so long, you're allowing people to go out and hold the throttle wide while they throw themselves all over the track until they get a fast lap. You're letting these people take the consistent guys spot therefor the quality of racing and your series plummets.
I've been racing for 3+ years and it has never been this bad. I think it's bullshit that I can go out in a quali session and run a decently fast ams time and not crash once while finishing 1st and the guy who finishes 15th 60 seconds behind the guy in 14th runs a lucky lap. Yeah I know its a quali session and it doesnt matter what place you get, but these kids dont care about the quality of racing.
I've never complained about having to pay but I feel as though I wasted $20. I appreciate the tracks, the time and the hosting but I feel like EMF could do a little more to make it truly fair to the guys who actually care about the racing.
Yeah people will have the track memorized, but if you send it every lap in one hour quali and dont get your fast lap then you're fucked.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

RAMIREZ122 wrote:
RadRacer wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Sounds like a dumb thing to do for ams, but I was curious so I started a GNC for ams. I think. I'm not sure if I'm right with that name for it. Basically a national number quest for ams.

Really just wanted to see where people stack up if there was to be national numbers for ams. Hope everyone enjoys.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Did any1 else stream 250 main last night (since motoagogo was too busy winning the race haha good job dude btw)
Phil Doyon #423
Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoagogo »

RXR_Banjo wrote:Did any1 else stream 250 main last night (since motoagogo was too busy winning the race haha good job dude btw)
Thank you! I was curious about that myself
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

thanks but this is not really a stream loll its kozak playing around
Phil Doyon #423
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Man, this shit sucks