Team: Privateer

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Id just call it outsmarting the competition
Bryce#313

Post by Bryce#313 »

CeeJayHDz wrote:Id just call it outsmarting the competition
This time there’s actually a rule in the rule book so he should definitely be penalized haha
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

ryanmx25 wrote:It's a little ridiculous that the 450 mains end at 12:30 am eastern time for a North America scheduled series, where most guys are on the east coast. That gives people who have to wake up in the morning 5-6 hours of sleep. Let's not forget about wasting 20-30 minutes watching goons ride around the track :roll: I finally make a main and have to sit around all night it's hardly worth it
Don’t mean to interject, just wanted to answer Ryan here.
While I agree with you, this problem has existed for this series forever. Nationals always ended that late and until Wheels had auto-scripts, SX was the same way. The time used to be in place because the guy running the series was on the west coast. The reason it stays now is because the series would lose maybe 20% of its players as a lot of west coast guys would not be able to make it.

Start it an hour earlier? Alright 5:00PM west coast, sounds possible. But it’s not. Most adults playing this game work until then and several high schoolers might play sports or be involved in clubs after school. I know in high school, I rarely got home before 5:30. I wish there was a way to make it sooner but the only way you don’t lose the west coast players is leaving it where it is. In my case, I definitely would be full flat out rush mode to *maybe* make it comfortably in time to broadcast the event. It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

What if for next season we did, where if you live on west you do west and it starts at 6pst and if you’re on east it starts 6est (or whatever time is decided) and the people who aren’t in est,pst, or American can choose which they want to ride? It sounds like it would work in my head for 250 but for 450 that just leaves us at the same spot of being too early for west coast players
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

@Kellen, The start time is fine in my opinion, there's just so much waiting around ! 20-30 min might not seem like any difference but if the night program ran 20-30 minute faster (which it could with some changes) it would be a lot better. It just feels sooo dragged out this year because of 20 minutes at the begginjng
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

So many people have voiced their opinion that the consi race is nothing but a waste, even the people who race it all the time will agree. But don't listen to the feedback, emf way or the highway
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Bryce#313 wrote:
CeeJayHDz wrote:Well youd still be losing as youd be banned lol
Naw I’m all good! Don’t think people will being banned for this so we can all do it now
Why am I brought into this? :lol:

I know the exploit to not get legs off when you case/oj a big jump, but it doesn't work 10/10 times. Maybe 8/10 times.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Although I do think its funny that someone who compresses their shock is complaining about Leclairs technique, I have to be behind him on this one. Turns out Brice wasn't exaggerating.
And of course the one from last night.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

ryanmx25 wrote:So many people have voiced their opinion that the consi race is nothing but a waste, even the people who race it all the time will agree. But don't listen to the feedback, emf way or the highway
Plus rf didn’t have a warm up lap for EVERY race. They did it just the mains. If I recall rf last year ended about 1130-1145 est most nights
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

ryanmx25 wrote:@Kellen, The start time is fine in my opinion, there's just so much waiting around ! 20-30 min might not seem like any difference but if the night program ran 20-30 minute faster (which it could with some changes) it would be a lot better. It just feels sooo dragged out this year because of 20 minutes at the begginjng
Well, yes and no kinda. The consolation race takes up less time in total than the two Semi’s (which are now gone) did. I think the dragging feeling comes from them still somewhat figuring out their scripting issues. The warmup laps take up a bit of time too but they are completely necessary IMO to make sure the race is ran right with the right people in it. I’m sure as the season moves on they’ll get more efficient. My only advice to them now is to actually grab UID’s on the hour (7:00PM for me). They wait until like 7:05 right now then lolligag a bit until starting the consi at like 7:10. Last year, first gate drop was at like 7:02, bam. Again, the program is shorter even with the consi so I don’t think that’s the problem. They just need to tidy things up a bit.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Bryce#313

Post by Bryce#313 »

Atom6246 wrote:Although I do think its funny that someone who compresses their shock is complaining about Leclairs technique, I have to be behind him on this one. Turns out Brice wasn't exaggerating.
Hey at least I don’t break the rules! anymore
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Bryce#313 wrote:I’d like to get peter in here to explain it better since he knows more than me :lol:
I have been summoned.. :lol:

I believe that JLV should just get rid of the exploit where people are holding the rear brake while applying throttle to load the suspension. That will get rid of half of the issue but you still can press the reverse button and load the rear suspension without the bike actually moving, you can see this in 3rd person. I don't know if it is possible, but is there a way to lock out the reverse on the start until the bike moves forward?

Loading the rear end on the start encourages the bike to transfer more weight to the rear giving more traction on the start. Being loaded before you start gives you an advantage as you don't have the additional traction loss when the bike starts the process of transferring leaving the gate.

Ryan, that is correct. The only difference with the MXS exploit is that it acts as a trans brake as well loading the drivetrain. That is another factor and advantage of this exploit. :lol:

As for Leclair being the one who finds all of these tricks.. :lol: He's a competitor, he is pushing the boundaries to find any advantage he can to win. Good on him in my opinion, race organizers just need to know when to draw the line when something isn't a fair advantage or something that they don't want happening frequently in races.

Maxime: This isn't about getting Leclair suspended, that is not my intention just clarification on the rule. It should be clear from the outset here for all racers how you are judging this type of infraction. Is this incident being judged by the rule that you need to delay or is it fine if you just backup and return to the same position as other racers?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Can we just have a consistent schedule in terms of what time UID grabs are taken, what time races start, what time qualifying ends, etc. It's all very confusing at this stage.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

ryanmx25 wrote:there's just so much waiting around ! 20-30 min might not seem like any difference but if the night program ran 20-30 minute faster (which it could with some changes) it would be a lot better. It just feels sooo dragged out this year because of 20 minutes at the begginjng
Here's something I think could work, be more fun for everyone, and make it more worth while for those that might be right on the cusp of making the night show or not. Everyone, all Am's and Pro's do timed qualifying just as we do now. Top 40 make up the Pro's night show, the next 40 are A class, and so on. Each class races their night show in a separate server. As with anything, I'm sure there are positives and negative sides to this. I'm just trying to think of a way to get everyone racing. Sucks to pay and not even qualify in the top 40. I think we'd see even more people signing up because they'd be guaranteed a night show. Might also be an answer to sandbagging.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Main reason I didnt race last night was because of the time, if everything started earlier, definitely would have raced.