2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

DeRoco wrote:
jlv wrote:The back up on the start line rule looks like it's about taking a running start at the gate. That's why it says you have to move back to the original position. To apply it to Leclair would be unfair in my opinion. If you want to ban what he's doing make a "no gate taps until the card is sideways" rule.

It was suggested to me that I should disable the brakes on the start. I disagree with that since using the front brake with the clutch slightly out is what pretty much every good starter in real life does. It might make sense to disable the rear brake when your right foot is down. It won't be popular when it messes up everyone's right turn brake slides though.

ShackAttack12 wrote:JLV should fix the initial spawn in of the rider so that the suspension is resting at a normal loaded position (and by this i mean, loaded only by the bike and the rider). Right now it seems like the bike/rider spawns in and the weight of the rider isn't applied to the bike. Turn the suspension graph on and you'll see the difference between the shock position at initial spawn in and shock position after you ride away then stop.
That's because if you're stopped with auto dab on and the clutch in/throttle off it also puts the brakes on automatically. It should settle if you turn off auto dab and release the brakes.

Could you only make the rear brake disable affective before the gate drop? Then after the gate drop you will have access to your rear brake? Probably a dumb question but could you just put a timer on the rear brake disabled to match the gate drop??
To expand on this. Could you disable the rear brake in relation to speed? Say below 1-2 MPH?
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Scratch that. Saw the post that it could be done in relation to time.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

barrington314 wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote: its all good, was my last season anyways. Just cant wait to see them stop hosting bc they cant take critism against them
There's a difference between "criticism" and what you do. We've listened to plenty of people and made efforts to make things better when asked appropriately. Rage typing in chat and the forums and saying childish things isn't going to be taken seriously. Not sure why you'd think otherwise. We also see a pattern. Each week there seems to be a new issue to complain about from the same handful of people.
i never said my critism was constructive, im being harsh yes. But come on if youve been doing it since 2009 and youre banning people after maybe 4-5 harsh critisisms than youre soft. But i dont care needed and excuse to stop racing, now i have the best one!
GustavoMX930' wrote:Image
it's been fun, Crossmanski
Crossweeze out!
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Disabling the brake on the gate won't stop you from compressing the rear end, You can do it without touching the brakes at all.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Sure it is an exploit, but wouldn't you agree that the starting technique is a completely and totally controllable exploit from your end? Anyone with enough research can do the Leclair starting technique through other avenues other than having the buttons separate on the controller. Still does not make it right that it is allowed does it? Regardless of how it is spun, what he is doing currently is giving him an advantage. Do you want all the riders on the gate moving forward then backing up before every race?

When it comes to the exploit of people avoiding falloffs. You can blame me I guess for the issue as I was the one who prodded JLV about the rear suspension and making it progressive like it is IRL. :roll: :lol: This is more than anything why the issue is worse now than it was with the old suspension and more than likely why it wasn't brought up previously.. All suspension movements now on the rear end are progressive. When you take a bigger hit the suspension gains momentum and increases the force. If you land on the throttle you increase the velocity of the impact, if you land and lean back to negate a kick you increase the velocity. If you land leaning forward you lessen the impact as the front end doesn't accelerate upon impact like the rear does. If you land with the clutch pulled in to my understanding it doesn't increase the velocity of the impact as the bike is freewheeling. If you sit down before you land you lessen the load because you don't have the rider collapsing increasing the velocity of the impact on the suspension.. Maybe it would be worth while to adjust the rear linkage to be a bit less progressive? Just raising the force number before falloff won't fix it as the exploits are still there. Is there maybe a way of equalizing these techniques to make them less advantageous?

I think you are missing my point. I was speaking of the prerequisites of acquiring a Pro license and having it completely wide open would lose that capability. This is why I thought it would work great with amateurs or even 250A because it would put equal skill levels together. You would just lose the replica series format kind of.
No I understand that, but I was just giving a suggestion on a way that you'd possibly be able to do it.
Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. I think it is a good idea to try this in a series. :D
It'd be a good idea to try, it would just potentially take a little bit more time running the races.
DeRoco

Post by DeRoco »

jlv wrote:
DeRoco wrote:Could you only make the rear brake disable affective before the gate drop? Then after the gate drop you will have access to your rear brake? Probably a dumb question but could you just put a timer on the rear brake disabled to match the gate drop??
I could disable it before the drop. Not sure about the idea though. If someone wants to turn off auto dab and lean a bit to the left so they can hold the rear brake why shouldn't that work? Of course, dab is already forced on at the start to stop people from flopping over on the start. It's hard to win here.

Probably a lot of work for something so little, but is it possible to make the bikes movement limited before the gate drop. That way you can move all you want an there’s no adjustment to the suspensions position. In game now if I hold my back brake and throttle up the rear end sags. But If the bikes suspension won’t move before the gate then that pretty much eliminates this issue right? And only the bikes ride hight nothing more. Wheels can still move aswell as the rider. Just no “level change” with the bike till the gate drops. I’m not knowledgeable when it comes to developing any game so I’m not much help. Just throwing out some ideas to make the effort.
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Why are we trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't need to be fixed with such cheesy means as limiting input? Implement holeshot devices or leave it alone.

It's incredible how much some pros get triggered when Leclair isnt the only one that can do this, nor does he even have to bump the gate. Limiting what you can do on the start line only limits the skill ceiling. As long as brake loading works the way it does, learn to do it or be left behind. There is nothing unfair just because Leclair was the first one to figure it out.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Sabo wrote:Why are we trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't need to be fixed with such cheesy means as limiting input? Implement holeshot devices or leave it alone.

It's incredible how much some pros get triggered when Leclair isnt the only one that can do this, nor does he even have to bump the gate. Limiting what you can do on the start line only limits the skill ceiling. As long as brake loading works the way it does, learn to do it or be left behind. There is nothing unfair just because Leclair was the first one to figure it out.
The reason everyone thought it was unfair was because they misinterpreted the rule at the start of this argument. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong, but what’s the difference between what Leclair is doing, and a rear holeshot device?

Also, in what world do you pull up to the line and your suspension magically decompress? Putting your rear tire through the fender is overkill, but everything else is fine. There is literally nothing that needs to be done, but everyone is complaining so much that it makes it seem like a big deal.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Not sure why its all been directed at leclair, if you look to the right you can see a wild connor lynds' sock collapsing on the start https://i.gyazo.com/f29d60327c719d9e13e ... 7c0942.gif
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

CeeJayHDz wrote:Not sure why its all been directed at leclair, if you look to the right you can see a wild connor lynds' sock collapsing on the start https://i.gyazo.com/f29d60327c719d9e13e ... 7c0942.gif
Just looked at that gif properly and there is a lot of people already using that technique
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

CeeJayHDz wrote:Not sure why its all been directed at leclair, if you look to the right you can see a wild connor lynds' sock collapsing on the start https://i.gyazo.com/f29d60327c719d9e13e ... 7c0942.gif
i noticed you have a new rear fender after each race tho
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

M@xTizZz wrote:
i noticed you have a new rear fender after each race tho
New fender and rear tyre, i blame the shock on these hondas collapsing all the time, first seely now me :/
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

The Wizard can fix that.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Or maybe its just the number 7 which is the problem?
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Aaron Hall wrote:Or maybe its just the number 7 which is the problem?
Im ded lol first leclair, then seely, now me!

@peter, its an intentional bad shock dont worry ;) helps in more than 1 place on the track