2018 [EU region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2018 [EU region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by Wahlamt »

nioubie wrote:
barrington314 wrote:What's the problem with the invisible riders? Is that not better than afk riders in the middle of the track? :?:
it is just for the race server, i didn't know the command to avoid this. So now all the racing servers have it, not the qualifiers.
Could a timeout of 2 minutes or something very low help?
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

nioubie wrote:
barrington314 wrote:What's the problem with the invisible riders? Is that not better than afk riders in the middle of the track? :?:
it is just for the race server, i didn't know the command to avoid this. So now all the racing servers have it, not the qualifiers.
I mean, why do people not want the invisibility? I thought it was to avoid people that stop on the track?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

barrington314 wrote:
nioubie wrote:
I mean, why do people not want the invisibility? I thought it was to avoid people that stop on the track?
I think the problem is that they may still be "active" and not finishing, so the 50% restart quota won't restart the server for a while.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

barrington314 wrote:
nioubie wrote:
If you have a really long falloff and take forever to get up then people will just plow through you because you're invis, And people that come back from being invis will just show up right next to you sometimes and cause a crash.
Right here Atom was invis after having a long crash and gets punished for it even more because fro can't see him and just plows through him.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Lnxa wrote:
barrington314 wrote:
nioubie wrote: it is just for the race server, i didn't know the command to avoid this. So now all the racing servers have it, not the qualifiers.
If you have a really long falloff and take forever to get up then people will just plow through you because you're invis, And people that come back from being invis will just show up right next to you sometimes and cause a crash.
Right here Atom was invis after having a long crash and gets punished for it even more because fro can't see him and just plows through him.
You can "disable" or have it longer before ghosting by changing the --off-course-bias/--off-course-scale settings. Might be worth looking into.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Lnxa wrote:
barrington314 wrote: I mean, why do people not want the invisibility? I thought it was to avoid people that stop on the track?
[img]h%20ttps://i.gyazo.com/9839dbfeadd041f0f8fd19b6052ae15b.gif[/img]
You can "disable" or have it longer before ghosting by changing the --off-course-bias/--off-course-scale settings. Might be worth looking into.
I'm pretty sure it was disabled completely in rF.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Atom6246 wrote: I'm pretty sure it was disabled completely in rF.
I'm pretty sure it was too. I was just curious because I thought it would be better than having someone afk and in the middle of the track. But I didn't know that it screwed up the restart system. Either way, it sounds like we just need an auto restart after a certain amount of time that the leader finishes. Is that a "JLV needs to add that" thing or is it already a server setting?
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

barrington314 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was too. I was just curious because I thought it would be better than having someone afk and in the middle of the track. But I didn't know that it screwed up the restart system. Either way, it sounds like we just need an auto restart after a certain amount of time that the leader finishes. Is that a "JLV needs to add that" thing or is it already a server setting?
You talking about qualifying now? Wheels used to come into the servers and manually restart them all before UID grab to make sure the final session counted regardless of people sitting afk on the gate. Feel like thats the only solution (to have admins restart after all the active riders have finished).
Now ppl sitting afk while in a race rarely happens. If they are done they will just rage quit and be invis anyways or get kicked. People wouldn't risk getting protested.
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Sucked watching my red plate go away yesterday due to my motherboard going out in my pc );
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
nioubie
Team: *eMc*

Post by nioubie »

--off-course-bias is now on 3600 on EU and NA racing servers.

Qualifiers stay like before BUT : Servers will be private for signed up riders. It is being tested on Eu qual servers since yesterday and looks to works nice.

For the time being counts, servers must be restarted before the end of qual time, not before UID grab.

I can tell the admin to restart them, but if the race ain't done(1 rider pass the finish line), laps done during the last session won't count anyway.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

mx201 wrote:Sucked watching my red plate go away yesterday due to my motherboard going out in my pc );
Excuses
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

nioubie wrote:update
Awesome, hopefully everything runs smoothly now. Thanks for your work.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

M@xTizZz wrote:No admin restarting the race, you want us to take 10 differents admins to restart each server for one hour, it will not happen i'm sorry.
If you want someone to do this I would be willing to. This would only take a couple minutes to do before UID grab. One thing that I would look at changing is the time between qualifying ending vs UID grab. On the site it shows overlap between the two events. I think you should have at least a five minute window between the two events to avoid issues with people being late for UID grab. Technically rF only had 55 minutes of qualifying (ended at 8:55) and UID grab was on the hour (9:00).
M@xTizZz wrote:But if there are only the players signed up on servers, it will not be a problem anymore.
There are still some instances where signed up racers are connected to the server but sitting on the gate for some moto's. You then still have to wait the extra minute for penalties to apply before the server restarts. Having reputable people with server marshal would be a good asset to keep things moving in a timely fashion.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

barrington314 wrote:
Atom6246 wrote: I'm pretty sure it was disabled completely in rF.
I'm pretty sure it was too. I was just curious because I thought it would be better than having someone afk and in the middle of the track. But I didn't know that it screwed up the restart system. Either way, it sounds like we just need an auto restart after a certain amount of time that the leader finishes. Is that a "JLV needs to add that" thing or is it already a server setting?
It's not a setting but you can do that with xcmd. You make a script that polls the results file and sends a restart to the server when the leader has been finished for long enough.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by JackGat369 »

Round 4 Highlights