2018 [EU region] World MXSGP series by MXSEMF {CANCELED}

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Re: 2018 [EU region] World MXSGP series by MXSEMF

Post by M@xTizZz »

Important announcement :

The turnout of both series (World MXSGP Pro & Oversea MXSGP Amat) for the opening round is the worst we seen since we host online races.
The hype of the GP tracks dropped down so much that we simply decided to not continue these series anymore.
We want to apologize to all the racers who played the opening round and want to thank each of them for their support.
We had some good return of the track and it is positive. It means we always wanted to improve our work years after years.

Considering the actual turnout in rd1, we just can't imagine continuing this serie and having 15players on the gate at mid-season, and probably less than 10 at the end for some classes..
This serie should be the main one of the EU region, we don't want to see it slowly dropping down round after round and we think it's better to just stop it now instead of making it worst.

We'll proceed of the refund of all racepass taken by giving you back the braaps you used. We are going to do it during the next week (we will use a script but Yohann have to code it).
Once it's done, we'll post here (and other platforms) to warn you. You will be able to ask for a paypal refund, or simply keep it for an other serie on MXSEMF.
(the NA region will run their official MX serie and the EU region will probably see a comeback of Nationals tracks for their official MX serie)
FYI: The next series hosted on US Nationals will cost 20000braaps just like the Supercross series.

Again, we want to thanks everyone who always supported us on this project since 2016.
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

[quote="M@xTizZz"]Important announcement :

The turnout of both series (World MXSGP Pro & Oversea MXSGP Amat) for the opening round is the worst we seen since we host online races.
The hype of the GP tracks dropped down so much that we simply decided to not continue these series anymore.
We want to apologize to all the racers who played the opening round and want to thank each of them for their support.
We had some good return of the track and it is positive. It means we always wanted to improve our work years after years.

Considering the actual turnout in rd1, we just can't imagine continuing this serie and having 15players on the gate at mid-season, and probably less than 10 at the end for some classes..
This serie should be the main one of the EU region, we don't want to see it slowly dropping down round after round and we think it's better to just stop it now instead of making it worst.

We'll proceed of the refund of all racepass taken by giving you back the braaps you used. We are going to do it during the next week (we will use a script but Yohann have to code it).
Once it's done, we'll post here (and other platforms) to warn you. You will be able to ask for a paypal refund, or simply keep it for an other serie on MXSEMF.
(the NA region will run their official MX serie and the EU region will probably see a comeback of Nationals tracks for their official MX serie)
FYI: The next series hosted on US Nationals will cost 20000braaps just like the Supercross series.

Sucks to see the series go away but I think it’s a postitve for MX Simulator there’s just way to many races right now that you guys are hosting. 18 Rounds for virtual racing series is insane for the little pay out the riders get and track crew/host. I think a 8 round series would be cool for The gp and it would keep a lot riders active. To spend 6 hours is a little insane for me atleast I can’t play that much in day. I also think the qualifying set up hurt the series a lot. Thanks for Hosting 2016/2017 that’s a lot freaking work guys! Some of the most badass tracks came from those series hopefully it can continue next year.
If it was not for you guys I would have been done playing in the end of 2016.
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

cant you just refund the paypal purchase so we can actually have our money back? could buy another game with that rather than having it sit on the emf website
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

M@xTizZz wrote:Important announcement :

Again, we want to thanks everyone who always supported us on this project since 2016.
That's a huge bummer, because I really enjoyed the first track and the racing was fun. I hope that it's a preview of what's to come during the US nationals. Thanks for hosting and hard work, Maxime.
nioubie
Team: *eMc*

Post by nioubie »

maggett wrote:cant you just refund the paypal purchase so we can actually have our money back? could buy another game with that rather than having it sit on the emf website
as its explained :

You will be able to ask for a paypal refund, or simply keep it for an other serie on MXSEMF
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

I really enjoyed Nequen the other day, the racing was so fun, and the erode made it very interesting for racing. Its a shame to see the series end, but hopefully the next will be just as good, thanks
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

nioubie wrote:
maggett wrote:cant you just refund the paypal purchase so we can actually have our money back? could buy another game with that rather than having it sit on the emf website
as its explained :

You will be able to ask for a paypal refund, or simply keep it for an other serie on MXSEMF
sorry i just saw the refunded to braps part lol :oops: :oops:
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

Its does not help that we have to pay for EVERY series.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I agree with Colton, plus you started the series mid-way through the SX series. Yes, I understand its because its starting this weekend in real life, but in real life they aren't trying to compete in a SX series on top of doing the GPs. I think a lot of people, including myself, get into "Supercross" mode and "Motocross" mode for each series, and didn't want to go back and forth week in-week out (I know they did last year, but I still stand by my theory).

Maybe you can do a shorter, refined "GP" series, or start it in May and extend it deeper into the off season months.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Hopefully outdoors has a decent turnout.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
nioubie
Team: *eMc*

Post by nioubie »

Well we may do the AMA instead, we will think again about GPs in 2019.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Unlucky...

I'm really curious if having the race hosted the same day as NA SX had an impact. Really poor planning.
The track rode great compared to last years and was really looking forward to racing with erode through the rest of the series.
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Tizz and crew do an outstanding job, the GP series is my fav part of sim and something i look forward to each year. It cannot just die like this, i believe better preparation and planning would help. The time, commitment and devotion you guys (& rF) put in is amazing and greatly appreciated. If it wasn't for the GP's & AMA SX/Nat series replica's each year i'd be focusing on something else.

Looking at possible factors that may attract a low turnout should be identified and rectified imo such as:

1. Seems like the wrong time to start GP's due to peeps focusing on either 2 SX series and other stuff going on as already said.

2. Possibly not enough promotion or awareness in advance to help build up enough interest. More time to create/showcase more interesting promo vids and teasers helps it gain momentum.

3. Peeps were caught off guard with such short notice of the event to prep team skins in time for it (me included).

4. "A" license holders moved up to Pro class prefer not to ride in that class and therefore won't. (if i hear correctly)

5. AMA & GP's could start after SX finishes so everyone is in either SX or MX mode. EMFSX & AMASX is on at the same time for both sides of the world so it makes sense to have EMFGP's & AMA Nats on at the same time also as an annual ritual and balance them out.

6. Listening to feedback and constructive criticism from participants as to what they prefer to see and acting on them is paramount to its survival.

7. Request feedback from those who follow and re-analyze and re-ignite this series.

I'm sure others could list more possible factors so pls continue to list them for Tizz so hopefully the GP series can at least be postponed until SX is finished. :mrgreen:
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

Well said Brad :D , hopefully the EMF guys see this and take this into consideration
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

Is there not a possibility to re-run the GP's after Vegas along side the AMA stuff? I really don't think people will mind having a delayed series, that way you can run it weekly rather then having the big breaks like real life. If you start after SX you'll have more time to prepare, tweak some things. Add sponsors and build the hype?

I'd also of loved to see some kind of discount for riders who have already purchased an NA and EU SX license (Give back to those who are giving).

I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into the tracks and hosting but i would of liked to see a bit more going into the tracks when we're paying money.

The use of shadows, the crowd, the very familiar GP banners either side of the track that face towards the cameras for the sponsors (perfect if someone wants to sponsor the series with some nice camera angles set up).

If there were two races being ran at the same time on different nights and i could only afford to race one of the series and i only had these pictures to go off of, i know what series i'd go for. Just saying.

Again don't take this the wrong way, i really appreciate what you guys do for us and that is why i happily purchase all the licenses. Sad to see all the time and effort thrown away like this.