2018 [NA region] Race Tech MXSEMF Nationals sanctioned by rF Gaming

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Atom6246

Re: 2018 [NA region] Race Tech MXSEMF Nationals sanctioned by rF Gaming

Post by Atom6246 »

DDavis gif wall inbound..

Logan, next time you don't get the jump, please don't try and force the issue. Not only does it cost you but half the field as well.

Good racing Burkeen

Mid moto GFX adjustment :lol:
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

I just think that erode should still be turned down a little bit for the motos. Right now, 1 feels like too much, maybe 0.5, 0.75 perhaps? I felt like at 15 minutes we have the track that we should be racing at the end of the motos. After that mark, it's just survival mode. You guys are making a lot of progress since erode got implemented in SX, but maybe turn it lower than 1 for the actual races. Thanks for another week tho :D
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Fro77 wrote:Everything is one lined and you guys are acting like the track being an endurocross is "realistic". No track gets 8 foot wall berms and 10 foot bumps in real life. Maybe you guys should ask for feeback if you guys really wanna make erode better. Put out a poll every week with questions like "how do you think erode was this week?", "Was the track too one lined?", "do you think erode should be turned up or down?", "What section of the tracks did you like, what didnt you like?". Stuff like that to actually get feedback from the people that actually race and to get some actual feedback to fix erode. Just some food for thought because this year is the worst for racing IMO.
[/quote]
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Fro77 wrote:I get you guys put alot of hard work into making the tracks and running the races
Cool and combined with you've been around forever you likely understand how much pride we put into doing a great job and how we strive to always make things better. You've also probably seen how much BS we have to put up with to put on these races too.
but holy shit this is the worst racing ever.

I strongly disagree with this. The amount of amazing battles that actually go for more than 3 turns is unreal... especially large groups of riders jockeying positions has been extremely exciting.
Everything is one lined
This is extremely far from the truth. Did Thunder Valley narrow into one line in way too many of the turns? Absolutely. We'll work to fix that. But there were more lines for example going down the big downhill than ever before even on the best version of the track.
and you guys are acting like the track being an endurocross is "realistic".
Not at all. As far as I'm aware no one on the track crew has said anything about any of it being more "realistic" at all actually. What we have said is we have to find a balance between too much erode and not enough erode. If the tracks don't get rough, there will be one premier line around the track and you'll never have to leave it because it won't slow down (see EU Glen Helen with lower erode for example).

No track gets 8 foot wall berms and 10 foot bumps in real life.
Correct. As admitted, the corners on Thunder Valley were a miss. We'll work to fix it. The bumps started at Hangtown as small and chattery which you just slide and can't really react to. We went larger to resolve that and in spots again missed the setting a bit. It's only the 2nd NA race with erode - give us a chance to continue to evolve this.

Maybe you guys should ask for feeback if you guys really wanna make erode better.
I've gotten atleast 50 messages after both Glen Helen and Thunder Valley about erode as well as collected feedback after every erode test. I am 100% taking feedback... yes, I'm continuing to do my best to ignore the ignorant, immature, shit spewing that rolls out of some of the immature unappreciative scum in the community. I consider this post feedback, hence why I'm taking the time to reply to it FYI.
Put out a poll every week with questions like "how do you think erode was this week?", "Was the track too one lined?", "do you think erode should be turned up or down?", "What section of the tracks did you like, what didnt you like?".
Not looking to provide an open outlet for the scum to tell their "jokes". We are smart enough to watch and learn, play for ourselves, and listen to the feedback out there that these aren't necessary.
Stuff like that to actually get feedback from the people that actually race and to get some actual feedback to fix erode.

In addition to the feedback from the mature people in the community good and bad; Race, Peter, Yohann, and Jeremy have all been racing. I can learn more from watching multiple people than flopping around in 30th causing more harm than good on the tracks, so I've sacrificed racing for the better of the game/community.
Just some food for thought because this year is the worst for racing IMO.
See first reply.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Gustavo - nice comment with respect :) - checkerz wanna try 0.75 for AMS to see how it turns out versus 1.0 for the pro?
GustavoMX930' wrote:I just think that erode should still be turned down a little bit for the motos. Right now, 1 feels like too much, maybe 0.5, 0.75 perhaps? I felt like at 15 minutes we have the track that we should be racing at the end of the motos. After that mark, it's just survival mode. You guys are making a lot of progress since erode got implemented in SX, but maybe turn it lower than 1 for the actual races. Thanks for another week tho :D
Phil Doyon #423
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

RXR_Banjo wrote:Gustavo - nice comment with respect :) - checkerz wanna try 0.75 for AMS to see how it turns out versus 1.0 for the pro?
GustavoMX930' wrote:I just think that erode should still be turned down a little bit for the motos. Right now, 1 feels like too much, maybe 0.5, 0.75 perhaps? I felt like at 15 minutes we have the track that we should be racing at the end of the motos. After that mark, it's just survival mode. You guys are making a lot of progress since erode got implemented in SX, but maybe turn it lower than 1 for the actual races. Thanks for another week tho :D
As mentioned in the wall of text to Fro, just "turning down the erode" doesn't make things better. It keeps the track slippery and a freeway longer making it even more one lined. See EU GH for that example. The rough is needed, the size of the ruts (and some of the rough) needs reigned in a bit.
GustavoMX930'

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Ohhh, okay. Just thought tunning it down a little bit could help the track to erode better over time. How are you testing the settings? As a 1.0 erode base? Idk if you already did this but what if you guys tune the erode settings to make it balance with a lower erode value? I didn't race GH so i don't know how the track developed but for Lakewood it was pretty brutal even after 5 laps or so. I just think it gets way too deep too fast right now
jlv wrote:
GustavoMX930'

Post by GustavoMX930' »

or maybe a higher erode with different settings so it won't get too deep could prevent the track being one lined? Let's say more bumps but having them smaller instead of 10ft tall could prevent the track being a freeway? I'm probably speaking non sense but something that popped on my head
jlv wrote:
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

GustavoMX930' wrote:or maybe a higher erode with different settings so it won't get too deep could prevent the track being one lined? Let's say more bumps but having them smaller instead of 10ft tall could prevent the track being a freeway? I'm probably speaking non sense but something that popped on my head
Testing is based at 1.0 as that should be where we land and it can be a constant across all tracks. Plus, that's how JLV designed it to work.

There are settings that we're using that allow it to be "softer"/erode faster on top and slow down. They are new from our offseason testing, so it's something we're still learning and trying to perfect.
GustavoMX930'

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Oh okay, idk how much work it would be to flatten out the tracks we have from last year so we could run 1 or 2 test races between thursday and the track release so we could give feedback on the erode settings for each track. Kinda like what we had last year and during the off season, but i think it'd make pretty satisfying results, just some thought
jlv wrote:
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

GustavoMX930' wrote:Oh okay, idk how much work it would be to flatten out the tracks we have from last year so we could run 1 or 2 test races between thursday and the track release so we could give feedback on the erode settings for each track. Kinda like what we had last year and during the off season, but i think it'd make pretty satisfying results, just some thought
That’s what we did for the first two rounds. I was traveling for Memorial Day and had to get the actual track out as priority. Plus, the erode was close on Glen Helen so I thought a small tweak to slow it down would work well. Obviously it was completely different. Without a track release next week, I plan to try and fit in a high point test.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

I think it's definitely getting better. There were a lot of corners that formed up really nicely. I have a question though if we make, for example, 3 ruts in a corner and build them all up a little more than the starter ruts now... wouldn't that make everyone take each line and make erosion happen in a lot more ruts than the main line?

Right now it feels like you have to take the fast line to stay competitive. If you move out of that to form a rut you simply just lose time. Wouldn't making the lines more even make that problem less of an issue? That way when one rut gets super bad, you move into the next rut that's faster. Not move to the next line that really isn't formed. In my head I picture 3 ruts that all have been used throughout the moto and it's all about picking the one you can carry the most speed in, but if you want to pass you can take your chance in a rut that can actually work.

I mean all of this as constructive feedback. I really appreciate the countless hours you guys have put in. I think when it gets figured out the racing will be insanely good.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

So here is going to be my post about feedback. (Its going to be all over the place) It sucked dick! nah im kidding. Glen Helen I felt was more fun for me to race than Lakewood. I dont know if it was just because the layout is more fun or what but I know going halfway through moto 2 at Lakewood i was just like holy shit i just want this race to be over with. A positive about Lakewood though is the S turn. Those corners in my opinion were soooo prime. I think erode is going in the right direction overall and racing is much more fun with it. Sometimes I just feel like while im racing im like why is that bump right there or why is that bump so big. I dont have a problem with really big ruts and berms as they are super fun to rail. I think there still needs to be work on making more turns more than one line. I know you guys are working on it and I know throughout the track there are places where there are multiple lines but being a top 20ish pro rider i dont think in either motos i was able to take another line and be able to pass someone using it when they were taking the main line. Prolly because I suck tbh. I dont have a problem with the track getting super rough though. Being never really fast and more consistent the rougher track tends to help me as people crash around me. But from racing these two rounds I am excited to see how sick it gets by the end of the series. I bet by the time Unadilla/Budds Creek comes around its gonna be primeee. Hopefully this wasnt cringey and toxic. <3
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Here's my opinion, as someone who is choosing not to race the outdoor series for a couple reasons.

Plain and simple, the erode is allowing for perfectly shaped ruts (re: inside wall berms) and forces the track to be one lined. Instead of adding starter ruts, i think you guys aught to look at (1) preventing the ruts to build up so high, (2) allowing the ruts to blow out/chop up/ deform, and (3) decreasing the erode radius so that 5 foot wide ruts no longer form. I know you guys are trying to make sure the tracks are both fun and challenging at the same time, but riding ruts in real life is not exactly the easiest thing to do.

New lines should be forming because riders no longer feel comfortable/safe taking a line and are thus forced to go hunting for new ones. As it stands right now, there is a massive disadvantage in riding outside of the 1 huge rut that forms.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Here's my opinion, as someone who is choosing not to race the outdoor series for a couple reasons.

Plain and simple, the erode is allowing for perfectly shaped ruts (re: inside wall berms) and forces the track to be one lined. Instead of adding starter ruts, i think you guys aught to look at (1) preventing the ruts to build up so high, (2) allowing the ruts to blow out/chop up/ deform, and (3) decreasing the erode radius so that 5 foot wide ruts no longer form. I know you guys are trying to make sure the tracks are both fun and challenging at the same time, but riding ruts in real life is not exactly the easiest thing to do.

New lines should be forming because riders no longer feel comfortable/safe taking a line and are thus forced to go hunting for new ones. As it stands right now, there is a massive disadvantage in riding outside of the 1 huge rut that forms.

+1

ill add that i dont think the premade bumps should be as big as they are. they are made to prevent chop but i think we need chop to change lines. but trust me i know its all trial and error and you guys are not gonna get it perfect the first time and there are gonna be rounds like thunder valley where clearly one of those settings were too high (what ever created the large ruts) but i definitely believe the pre built bumps/ruts need to be smaller.