2018 [NA region] Race Tech MXSEMF Nationals sanctioned by rF Gaming

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Re: 2018 [NA region] Race Tech MXSEMF Nationals sanctioned by rF Gaming

Post by JackGat369 »

Nick180 wrote:
mxsrider96 wrote:
Nick180 wrote:Sorry if this was brought up before but last week I missed the 250 AM consolation race because whenever I would try to connect to the server (from the MXSEMF website) it just kept saying ‘contacting server’ repeatedly. I’m assuming it’s either something on my end or the address wasn’t correct. Just trying to avoid that situation this week. Any ideas?
Connect through the "quick connect" buttons on the race page. No chance the server will be wrong unless they fucked up the scripting
That’s actually what I was doing. All the qualifying servers work fine for me but when I try to connect to the Race/Qualifying server it just keeps saying ‘contacting server.’
Race server doesn't open until about 15 minutes before the race
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I'm usually not one to complain about tracks. I may complain about other things that happen, but holy shit. EMF managed to take a good track and absolutely dick it. Seriously, learn from this one. Erode was nothing but ass. I would have rather raced another Glen Helen than this shit. The racing was fine, props to all the Am's for being able to hold their lines, but oh my God this track was bad.

As someone who has raced at Muddy Creek since it got the national, I can tell you that this was not even close to being they way that it rides irl. There were lines that couldn't be taken in sim that are some prime lines irl. There are some lines that were premade that really aren't lines that anyone has ever took at Muddy Creek. Erode never roughed up where it should.

I don't know what settings are changed week to week, but for the love of God, don't reference anything you did at Muddy Creek.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

DBRider251 wrote:I'm usually not one to complain about tracks. I may complain about other things that happen, but holy shit. EMF managed to take a good track and absolutely dick it. Seriously, learn from this one. Erode was nothing but ass. I would have rather raced another Glen Helen than this shit. The racing was fine, props to all the Am's for being able to hold their lines, but oh my God this track was bad.

As someone who has raced at Muddy Creek since it got the national, I can tell you that this was not even close to being they way that it rides irl. There were lines that couldn't be taken in sim that are some prime lines irl. There are some lines that were premade that really aren't lines that anyone has ever took at Muddy Creek. Erode never roughed up where it should.

I don't know what settings are changed week to week, but for the love of God, don't reference anything you did at Muddy Creek.
I actually feel the complete opposite that you do about the track and the erode... Late in the race i was actually able to take lines i never touched during qualifying to pass people towards the front of the pack. this erode seems to make the lines for thin like they are irl and i think its better than the 1 lined tracks earlier on. I had my best outdoor finish tonight so i might be biased but for sure felt better than hangtown
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Trevor#91 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:I'm usually not one to complain about tracks. I may complain about other things that happen, but holy shit. EMF managed to take a good track and absolutely dick it. Seriously, learn from this one. Erode was nothing but ass. I would have rather raced another Glen Helen than this shit. The racing was fine, props to all the Am's for being able to hold their lines, but oh my God this track was bad.

I actually feel the complete opposite that you do about the track and the erode... Late in the race i was actually able to take lines i never touched during qualifying to pass people towards the front of the pack. this erode seems to make the lines for thin like they are irl and i think its better than the 1 lined tracks earlier on. I had my best outdoor finish tonight so i might be biased but for sure felt better than hangtown
I came from 38th to 9th in moto 1 making late passes using lines that I never used in quali. But I always do that. I've done it on every other track. Other tracks have had the options too, you just don't use them. I had my best finish at Thunder Valley, but High Point was sick. This wasn't a step forward in my opinion.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Great constructive feedback lul. Just cause you ride muddy creek irl doesn't mean the same lines on your local practice day is still the hotline. Honestly this erode was really good for pro NA and EU if chatter can be eliminated and a few ruts not form as spikes it will amazing.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

NoFear345 wrote:Great constructive feedback lul. Just cause you ride muddy creek irl doesn't mean the same lines on your local practice day is still the hotline. Honestly this erode was really good for pro NA and EU if chatter can be eliminated and a few ruts not form as spikes it will amazing.

Retweet
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Glen Helen on mx sim rides nothing like it does for the national, it's completely irrelevant, this is a video game...
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

How are people that aren't able to ride Pro nationals supposed to replicate to the dot. Do you really think thats possible?
DBRider251 wrote:I don't know what settings are changed week to week, but for the love of God, don't reference anything you did at Muddy Creek.
He changed the settings drastically this week with a setting he found by countless tests on his own to try and make it more realistic. Unfortunately for him, when the time came to test it with 40 riders, yourself as well as many others didn't show up. People expect erode to get better but don't even want to put the effort to download a track and cruise around and maybe give some feedback. How much work do you think that is compared to what Chex is doing. That can't be very motivating right?
If you couldn't tell it's getting old for him. Only a matter of time until these dope tracks are no longer being made because idiots ran the creators out.

So with that little post AM race rage post, I hope you know you aren't helping anything, and only making yourself look bad.
manii20

Post by manii20 »

At first I didn't like the erode for Muddy Creek, but since it got lowered it was actually quite decent. Made multiple race lines and worked really well.

Sorry, I couldn't watch the whole demo so it's not only a half way through in the screenshots, because I skipped a little aswell.

Those bumps were quite decent, but too choppy, got many akward kicks coming in to the corner after the triple.

This corner got really weird later in the race, got many random kicks and couldn't get a nice consistant line.

This bump got me few times too, not that it's a bad thing, just wanted to point that out. Clearing the triple with 250 and this bump was 50/50 do or die if you accidentally hit the middle haha.

This corner confused me the most. Had a nice inside line, but those random bumps through the whole corner is what I hate about the erode the most. I know why they are here, but would be so sick if you find a way to get rid of them.

Just like with the triple bump, it's not a bad thing, but pointing out that this was very sketchy, got me few times aswell. Getting lifted from the first bump and getting thrown sideways by 2nd bump. Like I said it's fine if you slow down, but it was akward, couldn't see the first bump too much in 3rd person.

Overall erode is definately going in the right direction, can't wait to see further progress. Thanks for your time. This feedback is only my opinion, doesn't mean everybody thinks the same.
Br4Ap69

Post by Br4Ap69 »

I feel like the erode has been improved a lot since Hangtown, at Muddy Creek it was good to see multiple lines in corners which provides better racing and not just one line compared to some of the other rounds. I think Muddy Creek was the best race yet for the settings of the erode, the track got real rough and allowed people to pass on the final laps which obviously happens in real life. The only downside of erode is the random bumps in the corners, as Alanas shown above in one of the corners. Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Chris who puts in a lot of time and effort to optimize the erode to give us a better racing experience, and the whole EMF crew who make the tracks and host these races. These guys don't really get the credit and appreciation they deserve from this community, without them this wouldn't be possible.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Atom6246 wrote:How are people that aren't able to ride Pro nationals supposed to replicate to the dot. Do you really think thats possible?
DBRider251 wrote:I don't know what settings are changed week to week, but for the love of God, don't reference anything you did at Muddy Creek.
He changed the settings drastically this week with a setting he found by countless tests on his own to try and make it more realistic. Unfortunately for him, when the time came to test it with 40 riders, yourself as well as many others didn't show up. People expect erode to get better but don't even want to put the effort to download a track and cruise around and maybe give some feedback. How much work do you think that is compared to what Chex is doing. That can't be very motivating right?
If you couldn't tell it's getting old for him. Only a matter of time until these dope tracks are no longer being made because idiots ran the creators out.

So with that little post AM race rage post, I hope you know you aren't helping anything, and only making yourself look bad.
woke
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Atom6246 wrote:How are people that aren't able to ride Pro nationals supposed to replicate to the dot. Do you really think thats possible?

I'm absolutely sure Lane would've been in the test race if he wasn't moving across the country at the time.

Personally, I liked the erode a lot. I'd just like to see a little more exploration into smaller starter ruts or flat corners, like the 1st corner after the finish of Muddy Creek and that U corner after the downhill. I really think that those corners are the type that we need to head towards. People complain that ruts don't form well in them but don't understand that you have to slow down and ride the outline slow until they're built. You can't charge in, blow the corner, and expect a perfect rut next lap. This is a much bigger problem in AMS than pros. I dont think its a skill gap, but more of an ideological shift that pros adapted to more readily.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Sabo wrote:I'm absolutely sure Lane would've been in the test race if he wasn't moving across the country at the time.
From what I can see, Lane hasn't participated in a single erode test race this year.

http://mxsimulator.com/servers/official ... ers/11747/
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Sabo wrote:I'm absolutely sure Lane would've been in the test race if he wasn't moving across the country at the time.
From what I can see, Lane hasn't participated in a single erode test race this year.

http://mxsimulator.com/servers/official ... ers/11747/
not good
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:Well, good news/bad news:

Bad news: Southwick won't be out tonight

Good news: We can sneak in a final Southwick Erode test since I know a lot are online waiting for the track. Get some practice in and help test erode.

Track: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o8i7727cc ... 288%29.zip

Server: official.mxslobby.com:19808

JOIN NOW!