2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

jakebarrett
Team: GM

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Post by jakebarrett »

it might be just me but im trying to join the qualy severs for the 250am's and its saying contacting server for all of them.
Mike733
Team: Privateer

Post by Mike733 »

Can the EU races begin on a normal EU time? 450 end midnight that pretty late for a monday. I don't see the point in starting so late in the evening? In east europe the 450 end in like 2 AM midnight..
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Erode was sick today, great racing, great battle,best race i had so far since a long times i think
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

checkerz wrote:OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

For those who may have missed it in the server last night - Red Bud will be postponed 1 week and run during the following week (it was a scheduled off week) due to the 4th of July. All racing will be delayed including the track release, NA and EU, Pro and Amateur Series'.

Also, there will be erode testing going on the next couple of days. Please join and help test Red Bud. Info here: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 54#p832754
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:Erode was sick today, great racing, great battle,best race i had so far since a long times i think
Erode was amazing. 1st moto were sick with all the bumps, 2nd was sick with cool lines. Felt and acted like sand, this was a true step in the right direction. Especially early on, you could get some sick battles!
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

krossboy wrote:Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?
As much as I appreciate the positive feedback from Southwick, watching the EU race nearly had me throwing up. What is supposed to be the roughest race on the US circuit had the fastest lap thrown down on the last lap using the main line. It was a one lined free way rail fest.

Just like in the past though when we built the lines, we had to make the main line rough to make multiple lines and when we'd make the main line rough the hatemail flows in.

It's such a tough spot for us to be in as a series - give the racers what they want (a freeway with one fast line that they can hotlap on everylap) or give them multiple racing lines and a dynamic track that requires line choice and changing lines which creates a larger skill gap and more passing opportunities. Right now, it seems a majority is wanting the one lined highway which makes me sad, but it's partially my job to make them happy. Promise, both aren't possible.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

erode was to low for eu.
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

checkerz wrote:
krossboy wrote:Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?
As much as I appreciate the positive feedback from Southwick, watching the EU race nearly had me throwing up. What is supposed to be the roughest race on the US circuit had the fastest lap thrown down on the last lap using the main line. It was a one lined free way rail fest.

Just like in the past though when we built the lines, we had to make the main line rough to make multiple lines and when we'd make the main line rough the hatemail flows in.

It's such a tough spot for us to be in as a series - give the racers what they want (a freeway with one fast line that they can hotlap on everylap) or give them multiple racing lines and a dynamic track that requires line choice and changing lines which creates a larger skill gap and more passing opportunities. Right now, it seems a majority is wanting the one lined highway which makes me sad, but it's partially my job to make them happy. Promise, both aren't possible.
Yeah I can see where you are coming from and that is kind of sad that people are that way. I hoped that erode would get rid of "learn that one line and just hammer it the hole race" kind of riding we had without erode.

What gets me excited about racing is to look for those one off/different lines to setup and make passes, both IRL and in MXS. During 2nd 450 EU moto I ran 80-90% different lines than everyone else and was able to stay with the "main line guys", atleast for first laps and that was so fun (then my lack of playing/level and aged setup kicked in :)).

I really appriciate you guys are putting in with the tracks and trying to come up with solid erode settings, just little bit sad that it can't be used to its full potential and what it actually has to offer to make the racing better as ever.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

krossboy wrote:
checkerz wrote:

Yeah I can see where you are coming from and that is kind of sad that people are that way. I hoped that erode would get rid of "learn that one line and just hammer it the hole race" kind of riding we had without erode.

What gets me excited about racing is to look for those one off/different lines to setup and make passes, both IRL and in MXS. During 2nd 450 EU moto I ran 80-90% different lines than everyone else and was able to stay with the "main line guys", atleast for first laps and that was so fun (then my lack of playing/level and aged setup kicked in :)).

I really appriciate you guys are putting in with the tracks and trying to come up with solid erode settings, just little bit sad that it can't be used to its full potential and what it actually has to offer to make the racing better as ever.
Right now my thought and goal is to get people to stop outright hating the erode because it's a change. To do that, I'm going to have to deliver them their freeways. Once that is done, we can gradually work back rougher (extremely slowly). I tried to jump straight to something that I felt was best for making multiple lines/racing/realism, but after getting 30+ messages a night basically threatening to burn my house down; I guess the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Personally I used only a few main lines constantly in last round. But whenever I used a different line I got passed or caught. It was fine, I was still using my own lines because main liners wrecked sooner or later in their fast lines :D
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Muddy Creek and Southwick 250 moto 1 & 2's. Just throw them into your desired folder. They'll be named something like "2018 Southwick ERODE ....".
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i62965bai7vwqlm/rd5_6_250eu.rar/file
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

mx201 wrote:So are prizes gonna be for top 5 or top 10 in standings or something else :?:
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

mx201 wrote:
mx201 wrote:So are prizes gonna be for top 5 or top 10 in standings or something else :?:
i have no idea yet but since there were not alot of players, the overall prizes will be lower than past years for sure
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Worst track ever.