2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Moderators: Wahlamt, nioubie, M@xTizZz

User avatar
jakebarrett
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 pm
Team: LMR Kawasaki
Location: UK, Bristol

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby jakebarrett » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:17 pm

it might be just me but im trying to join the qualy severs for the 250am's and its saying contacting server for all of them.
Jake Thomas EU #181 NA #287
2018 MXSEMF Amat Nationals 250 Class: Best Finish: 1st - Best OA: 1st - Points Standings: 5th
Image

User avatar
Mike733
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:14 am
Team: Privateer

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby Mike733 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Can the EU races begin on a normal EU time? 450 end midnight that pretty late for a monday. I don't see the point in starting so late in the evening? In east europe the 450 end in like 2 AM midnight..
Image

User avatar
RFX_corentin_12
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:26 pm
Team: Impact
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby RFX_corentin_12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Erode was sick today, great racing, great battle,best race i had so far since a long times i think
Image

User avatar
M@xTizZz
Posts: 2676
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 pm
Team: TizZy-Design
Location: France

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby M@xTizZz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 pm

checkerz wrote:OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

For those who may have missed it in the server last night - Red Bud will be postponed 1 week and run during the following week (it was a scheduled off week) due to the 4th of July. All racing will be delayed including the track release, NA and EU, Pro and Amateur Series'.

Also, there will be erode testing going on the next couple of days. Please join and help test Red Bud. Info here: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49072&p=832754#p832754
Maxime Tison #51 [EU] | #951 [NA]
|MXSEMF Official admin Image| |Tizzy Design Owner Image|
Skype ID : max_tizzz

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6509
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby Wahlamt » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:30 pm

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:Erode was sick today, great racing, great battle,best race i had so far since a long times i think

Erode was amazing. 1st moto were sick with all the bumps, 2nd was sick with cool lines. Felt and acted like sand, this was a true step in the right direction. Especially early on, you could get some sick battles!

krossboy
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 am
Team: JNR Motorsports
Location: Estonia

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby krossboy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?
Image


The Goon

Egert Veltson #901

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby checkerz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 pm

krossboy wrote:Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?

As much as I appreciate the positive feedback from Southwick, watching the EU race nearly had me throwing up. What is supposed to be the roughest race on the US circuit had the fastest lap thrown down on the last lap using the main line. It was a one lined free way rail fest.

Just like in the past though when we built the lines, we had to make the main line rough to make multiple lines and when we'd make the main line rough the hatemail flows in.

It's such a tough spot for us to be in as a series - give the racers what they want (a freeway with one fast line that they can hotlap on everylap) or give them multiple racing lines and a dynamic track that requires line choice and changing lines which creates a larger skill gap and more passing opportunities. Right now, it seems a majority is wanting the one lined highway which makes me sad, but it's partially my job to make them happy. Promise, both aren't possible.

User avatar
NoFear345
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 am
Team: IG: @dryan345
Location: California

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby NoFear345 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:03 pm

erode was to low for eu.
Devin Ryan | Relax Attire

Image
Image

krossboy
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 am
Team: JNR Motorsports
Location: Estonia

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby krossboy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:44 am

checkerz wrote:
krossboy wrote:Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?

As much as I appreciate the positive feedback from Southwick, watching the EU race nearly had me throwing up. What is supposed to be the roughest race on the US circuit had the fastest lap thrown down on the last lap using the main line. It was a one lined free way rail fest.

Just like in the past though when we built the lines, we had to make the main line rough to make multiple lines and when we'd make the main line rough the hatemail flows in.

It's such a tough spot for us to be in as a series - give the racers what they want (a freeway with one fast line that they can hotlap on everylap) or give them multiple racing lines and a dynamic track that requires line choice and changing lines which creates a larger skill gap and more passing opportunities. Right now, it seems a majority is wanting the one lined highway which makes me sad, but it's partially my job to make them happy. Promise, both aren't possible.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from and that is kind of sad that people are that way. I hoped that erode would get rid of "learn that one line and just hammer it the hole race" kind of riding we had without erode.

What gets me excited about racing is to look for those one off/different lines to setup and make passes, both IRL and in MXS. During 2nd 450 EU moto I ran 80-90% different lines than everyone else and was able to stay with the "main line guys", atleast for first laps and that was so fun (then my lack of playing/level and aged setup kicked in :)).

I really appriciate you guys are putting in with the tracks and trying to come up with solid erode settings, just little bit sad that it can't be used to its full potential and what it actually has to offer to make the racing better as ever.
Image


The Goon

Egert Veltson #901

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby checkerz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:16 pm

krossboy wrote:
checkerz wrote:
krossboy wrote:Isn't the point of erode to make people switch/look for new lines throughout the race and adapt acording to the track? Atleast that's what I feel like it's supposed to do, but right now pretty much everyone just hammers the main line for 30min straight. Something really needs to be done I think, when you can run untouched lines during last lap, then is it really working?

As much as I appreciate the positive feedback from Southwick, watching the EU race nearly had me throwing up. What is supposed to be the roughest race on the US circuit had the fastest lap thrown down on the last lap using the main line. It was a one lined free way rail fest.

Just like in the past though when we built the lines, we had to make the main line rough to make multiple lines and when we'd make the main line rough the hatemail flows in.

It's such a tough spot for us to be in as a series - give the racers what they want (a freeway with one fast line that they can hotlap on everylap) or give them multiple racing lines and a dynamic track that requires line choice and changing lines which creates a larger skill gap and more passing opportunities. Right now, it seems a majority is wanting the one lined highway which makes me sad, but it's partially my job to make them happy. Promise, both aren't possible.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from and that is kind of sad that people are that way. I hoped that erode would get rid of "learn that one line and just hammer it the hole race" kind of riding we had without erode.

What gets me excited about racing is to look for those one off/different lines to setup and make passes, both IRL and in MXS. During 2nd 450 EU moto I ran 80-90% different lines than everyone else and was able to stay with the "main line guys", atleast for first laps and that was so fun (then my lack of playing/level and aged setup kicked in :)).

I really appriciate you guys are putting in with the tracks and trying to come up with solid erode settings, just little bit sad that it can't be used to its full potential and what it actually has to offer to make the racing better as ever.


Right now my thought and goal is to get people to stop outright hating the erode because it's a change. To do that, I'm going to have to deliver them their freeways. Once that is done, we can gradually work back rougher (extremely slowly). I tried to jump straight to something that I felt was best for making multiple lines/racing/realism, but after getting 30+ messages a night basically threatening to burn my house down; I guess the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

User avatar
manii20
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:17 pm
Team: TMFR

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby manii20 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Personally I used only a few main lines constantly in last round. But whenever I used a different line I got passed or caught. It was fine, I was still using my own lines because main liners wrecked sooner or later in their fast lines :D
Image

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6509
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: 2018 [EU region] Nationals series by MXSEMF

Postby Wahlamt » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:59 am

Muddy Creek and Southwick 250 moto 1 & 2's. Just throw them into your desired folder. They'll be named something like "2018 Southwick ERODE ....".
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i62965bai7vwqlm/rd5_6_250eu.rar/file


Return to “EMF Racing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests