Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Tom cortvriendt

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Maybe have someone ;)
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

New SX track ive been working on !
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Looks great Bryan.

Break up that sand section a bit so it isn't so "uniform".

PM me if you'd like me to give you my comments before the release. I honestly feel like you have what it takes to be an elite track creator, but you need to take the time to not miss some of the fine details like some of your past releases.
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

Yeah i deffinatly will i just put that sand section in for the pictures i for sure want it to be rougher . i Will PM you before release i have a couple different questions to ask You about some different things .
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Always glad to try and help you.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

giopanda wrote:Image

Maybe some more detail into the textures themselfs not just shading ppm for example on track dirt more loose then off track. as it is rutted and soily, erosion packed on the side of jumps..etc stuff like that always catches my eyes :wink:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

giopanda wrote:
checkerz wrote: I hope I'm wrong, but as epic as this 2nd picture looks, I only see this:
wrong, they're wider than they appear and are perfectly rideable..and they're all different in depth..

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/701/ ... t114ny.png
Sandhapper wrote:Awesome. I just hate the billboard trees :)
i hate billboard trees too, that's why i didn't use them :D
just superduper low poly

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1952 ... ot113k.png
Looking good! Have you tried DJ's newest trees? They reduce to billboards at a distance, plus they look a ton better than the super duper low poly ones.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

hvpunk62 wrote:
giopanda wrote:Image

Maybe some more detail into the textures themselfs not just shading ppm for example on track dirt more loose then off track. as it is rutted and soily, erosion packed on the side of jumps..etc stuff like that always catches my eyes :wink:
I know this has been asked 1000's of times, but how do you get such a high-res photo of an area?
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

Actually there are like 4 decals on track and 3 offtrack plus 5 different rut decals and 2 grass decals, but i plan to add some more.
The shadingx2 will be a little lighter once i have the visual part 100% done :)
I remember dj trees were just pines..but i'll take a look..
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Looking great giopanda,The ruts look good just be sure they flow with the corner also make sure in hard corners that you dont put alot of ruts but enough for main lines, if you opt to put them in ..Some people seem to forget that this is a sim and want tracks as smooth as possible so they can go as fast as they can...Yes its easy to ride but I know I have never been to a track IRL that is smooth/There are always bumps and ruts.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

So, Tom is helping me on the terrain for Apache Creek, now all that I need is someone who is willing to help me make some Joshua trees, pucker bushes, and some yuccas maybe. If anyone would like to help me out, just pm me.
LucMx23
Team: Digital Dirtworx

Post by LucMx23 »

heres a sx im working on its my first pls tell me what u think ;)
im looking for some good beta testers so if ur interested pm me
Thanks! :)

760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

Hey guys, sorry, I don't have any pics right now but i'll post some later. I will be releasing my Kawasaki test track (old version) soon. It's taking me forever to make because of school and other stuff. I was on Google maps a couple weeks ago and saw that they updated their images. So now I am in the workings of the new Kawasaki test track (seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4M3qtop64c) and I am planning on releasing them as a package. :)
joe_389
Team: Collective Family

Post by joe_389 »

Some page rape. New enduro/ endurox track that i have been working on. The idea is that you will start on a enduro x loop, then once you have done that lap on the enduro x you will start out on the bix enduro loop.
What left to do; enviro, as you can see the main visuals are done (creek crossings and some trees) but i do have to keep working on the enviro, also i am going to make some changes to the big enduro loop.

The Family:Lane 199-Alex 526-Dylan 14-Daniel 421-Brady 21 AUS
acid.
Team: Acid Films

Post by acid. »

In my opinion, i know you said you're still working on the environment, although i would like to state my opinion.

I feel as though the map looks really lifeless, and needs some plants, grass and more trees. Just general grass and some other little things. I don't really know how the texture system works in Mx Simulator, though the textures at the moment look very bland and not much details as far as the ridden path goes. I suggest go and look at some rocky and loose loam textures, for your on track. Then work on your off track. Remember, most people will judge a track on how it looks more than it performs. Long story short, you've got alot of texture work yet to do.

NOTE: I don't know how the Mx Simulator texturing system works and the things i mentioned may not be possible.

Acid.
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible"