Red Bud 2008 Open Beta

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
mxm141
Team: Privateer

Re: Red Bud 2008 Open Beta

Post by mxm141 »

trust me its possible and im not saying its a videogame like the bikes arent realistic im saying you should at least make it easier than it would be in real life unless something is insanly easy just cuase nobody wants to have to roll things and what does horsepower have to do with it wouldnt it be more torque (sp?) since its right out of a corner another thing is the rediculously unrideable ruts
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

People used to jump it on 125's. Is it different now?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
mxm141

Post by mxm141 »

its actually easier now becuase the turn isnt a 180
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

jlv wrote:People used to jump it on 125's. Is it different now?

I think it varies year to year.

Some times the jump is lipped more, sometimes less. So, I don't know. I know that Stewart was jumping it on his 125.

I was looking for the video online.

In the meantime: Here is Ricky Renner casing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obL3qAYqDLE

Ouch. And the jumps profile doesn't look the same on this track as it does the real one.

And here's Stewart huckin it on the 125.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF8tH5GLGCY&NR=1

And the jump looks a lot less 'extreme' in this picture too. The landings are way to exaggerated.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ab8tVy3crlU/SG0-M ... Io/073.JPG
Last edited by Voutare on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

then why was only one person on a 250f doing it last year?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

There wasn't.

Dungey was the only one doing it in the motos.

Jason Lawrence, Ryan Villopoto, Trey Canard, Will hahn, and a few others did it. No one wanted to during the races, because it's not any faster to jump it than double it.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

i remember when ben townley jumped first time in the race, that was scaring
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
TerrorTodd

Post by TerrorTodd »

Someone on Josh Grants team bet him 100 bucks i think if he would jump it first lap of practice, and he did it.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Red Bud Tour Guide wrote: *Has attended the national for the last 5 years*
Red saw a major overhaul between I think the 04 and 05 season, this major overhaul consisted of tons and tons of sand being brought into the national track and spread out across different areas. Laracco's Leap, named after Mike Laracco himself, has been a staple at the Red Bud National for some years now. In previous years, the corner before "The Leap", as some call it, has been 180 degrees, and packed full of hard clay offering loads of traction. In the last 3 or so years, with the addition of the sand, the leap has become considerably harder to clear. Years back, James "Bubba" Stewart was able to clear the leap on his factory kx125, this being when the corner was hardpack clay. In more recent years though we have seen the same man case, and opt to not jump the leap on his factory Kawasaki 250 two stroke. This was caused by the addition of tons of sand in the corner before the leap. As one knows, the addition of sand to a track not only causing a high speed rolling resistance when ridden on, but also a low speed resistance also. The sand, it seems, has made the 120 foot uphill triple much more difficult. Last year, only a handful of riders, on factory 250 four strokes (known for their torque when riding in sand) were clearing the leap in practice. In the race, one man, on a factory makita suzuki was doing the jump and that man was Ryan Dungey. Some would say that the leap has not changed over the years, and they are right, but the conditions before the leap have changed dramatically, and those conditions have led factory riders to opt out of not jumping the famous, and world renowned jump.
After reading this I would say that the leap shouldn't be possible on a stock 250f. I don't know, maybe I know nothing. I'm not claiming to know it all. I'm just saying that the leap is not possible on a stock 250f no matter how fast you hit the corner. It will be fixed in the final version of this track.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

I think the leap its ok, maybe little bit bigger, but shorter nono, its the leap man
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

james stewart was the only one i've seen hit it on a 125 and it was a lot diferent back then. I went to a practice day last year and they have added so much sand to the corner that it is hard to get a good drive up to it. Also the triple landing is much bigger now.
Voutare wrote: And the jumps profile doesn't look the same on this track as it does the real one.
The profile of the jump is pretty close. I spent a lot of time tweaking it to get it as close as possible to the real thing. I've ridden the jump in real life and i assure you that it is not far off.
mxm141

Post by mxm141 »

i still want to say that you can clear it on a stock bike with a good setup and the right rider if i were you i would make it easier to clear than it is on the beta but not much just so the people can actually do it but they can still choose to double single unlike the other red bud were you going 2 mph to double it its more the fact that were never gonna get factory bikes so why not just think of them like we already do with skinned engine parts and stuff
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

wakestyle21 wrote:
james stewart was the only one i've seen hit it on a 125 and it was a lot diferent back then. I went to a practice day last year and they have added so much sand to the corner that it is hard to get a good drive up to it. Also the triple landing is much bigger now.
Voutare wrote: And the jumps profile doesn't look the same on this track as it does the real one.
The profile of the jump is pretty close. I spent a lot of time tweaking it to get it as close as possible to the real thing. I've ridden the jump in real life and i assure you that it is not far off.
Yeah, Wake and I spent a lot of time tweaking the disp map. :wink: And, seeing as me and wake have both ridden the track in real life, and with the help of google earths scaling, and of course real life accounts, the entire track is a pretty accurate replica.
mxm141 wrote:i still want to say that you can clear it on a stock bike with a good setup and the right rider if i were you i would make it easier to clear than it is on the beta but not much just so the people can actually do it but they can still choose to double single unlike the other red bud were you going 2 mph to double it its more the fact that were never gonna get factory bikes so why not just think of them like we already do with skinned engine parts and stuff
mxm, I really don't think that you understand what I am saying. This track is a replica track. If it was a fictional track that jump would be easy to clear, hell, you could scrub it if you damn well please. You CANNOT do it on a stock bike, plain and simple, and the man who tries will not be a man tomorrow. Internet arguing is pointless, I don't know why I'm doing, but really, I don't know why you're doing it.
mxm141

Post by mxm141 »

i understand completly what your saying and i understand its a replica i just think its stupid to go as far as you cant clear it on a stock bike which i still think with the right stuff you could
i dont think you understand what im saying were never gonna get factory bikes so just saying that you cant clear it on a stock bike is never gonna do any good make it clearable but make it hard dont just go saying im gonna make it impossible to be funny cuase i think that you have to have a $100,000 bike to grow a pair and do a jump
im not trying to argue i just want the track to be real and purposley making it impossible wont do that think of it as if you own red bud they dont go on the track every year and go hmm how can i make this impossible for the privateers
the article you posted
one there more saying thats its harder to set up for the jump but its not any harder to clear if you set up right
two im pretty sure stewart never rode a 250 2 stroke
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Leave them saying because this is the best track for MXS :D .. I almost cleared the leap , i'll change my susp and clear it
Somebody have a fastter lap ? 2 34 i rode 10laps on it
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.