Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by 137 »

I like ruts on the face of jumps, Trying to step up track making and hope good track creators will do the same thing for simulating realistic track.

If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
pulse

Post by pulse »

Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

wow looks sick pulse
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

137 wrote:I like ruts on the face of jumps, Trying to step up track making and hope good track creators will do the same thing for simulating realistic track.

Looks like all the ruts are exactly the same and end before the lip of the jump leaving a perfectly flat top of the jumps. I don't find that realistic at all.
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

137 wrote:I like ruts on the face of jumps, Trying to step up track making and hope good track creators will do the same thing for simulating realistic track.

Only one problem... People like throwing fat whips. Rutted out faces in game are shit for whipping.
LucMx23
Team: Digital Dirtworx

Post by LucMx23 »

juicer731 wrote:Kyle, looking sickkkkk! Your tracks are getting better and better. Keep it up!
i dont want to say that he is a bad track creator or so, i really like his tracks, but this SX track actually is made at least the half by checkerz.
Checkz did the whole jumps, berms etc. Kyle "just" sorted them so its a track.

Sorry if i got anything wrong with this.

Post by 137 »

I thought this was a simulator game, I didn't know every pro rider through fat whips every lap off of a triple jump.

Well sorry for trying to make a damn change, im not trying to be like everyone else and make the same old flat boring supercross track. Im trying to be myself and be my own creator with different ideas.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I think he meant, try and mix the ruts up a bit. Don't use the same depth on all of them and try to make them not look so much a like.
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

137 wrote: Well sorry for trying to make a damn change, im not trying to be like everyone else and make the same old flat boring supercross track. Im trying to be myself and be my own creator with different ideas.
I think Chex was just suggesting that you make your ruts go all the way over the top of the jump. Just like your real-life picture shows. If you have them stop 6 inches to a foot before the lip it is going to have a huge kicker. Where as a rutted out jump should not have an kicker on the lip, but more of a smooth transition, because the lip has already been worn down.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

the problem with ruts on take offs is the game doesnt simulate well with that. the dirt still moves to an extent in real life. you are probably better off making the ruts really shallow and just making them appear to be deeper visually. just my opinion.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

barrington314 wrote:the problem with ruts on take offs is the game doesnt simulate well with that. the dirt still moves to an extent in real life. you are probably better off making the ruts really shallow and just making them appear to be deeper visually. just my opinion.
I honestly did not care for em on the last track. :wink:
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

137 wrote:I thought this was a simulator game, I didn't know every pro rider through fat whips every lap off of a triple jump.

Well sorry for trying to make a damn change, im not trying to be like everyone else and make the same old flat boring supercross track. Im trying to be myself and be my own creator with different ideas.
Don't call out other track creators if you aren't able to take constructive feedback yourself. The ruts in that picture go off the lip of the jump, they don't magically end.
DJD

Post by DJD »

137 wrote:Well sorry for trying to make a damn change, im not trying to be like everyone else and make the same old flat boring supercross track. Im trying to be myself and be my own creator with different ideas.
LOL guy. Everything you think of doing has been done before. Ruts on the face of jumps is hardly revolutionary.

But if that's how you like it, all the power to ya. Have fun cross-rutting and shit.

Mxs just doesn't do super rough tracks very well. Even haggavist has started making his tracks fun.

Post by 137 »

I never called anyone out. Sorry if I did. I was never going to release this track, im just trying to practice myself to get better and hopefully be at the top like you guys one day. Sorry if I offended anyone. Is this any better?

barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

yes that looks better.