Sweet Revenge - Beta my first track.

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Sweet Revenge - Beta my first track.

Post by Phathry25 »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LNVL1JS4

My first attempt at a track. I like the practice track theme here, I'm not sure how well I've pulled it off. I'm trying like hell to avoid modeling anything for this track so I'm just trying to get by with whats out there. I'd say it's about 3/4's done, unless someone comes up with an earth shattering idea to make it better, lol. Lemme know what you think, and be honest, you know I would be. :)

Last edited by Phathry25 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Re: Sweet Revenge - Beta my first track.

Post by Mittocs »

Would you happened to be watching Family guy when you named this track? :wink: downloading right now

Edit: I really enjoy this track, its fun and simple. VERY good for a first track. I think you need to get started on some more!
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

No pics eh?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Turbine951
Team: Privateer

Post by Turbine951 »

Wow Phathry, for a first track this is really good. All the sections had multiple options and the whoops keep you on your toes. You could add some objects and stuff but as you mentioned, its meant to have that practice track theme. As mittocs said its fun and simple and it makes me want to keep spinning laps. Hope to see this one finished soon, and also more tracks from you down the road.

The only problem was the mini map was from saint jones?
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

OK, I have pictures now Garasaki. I started from the St.Jones folder, I haven't gotten to the finishing touches yet, my bad. And I'm just a huge Family Guy fan, so all my beta's will be named Quahog somethingorother until I put some thought into the name, lol.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Oh wow I think it looks great. Construction of the elements looks pretty top notch.

(Consider that I haven't ridden the track when I made these comments)

Simply looking at the layout, 3 things jump out at me:

There's a lot of leftover space on the map

All the 90 degree corners look exactly the same

The straight count goes like this: 8 total straights. 1 is whoops. 1 is finish line double. 1 is a triple. 1 is a short dead straight (where the start turns in). AND, all 4 of these sections are consecutive. So although one person who already has ridden the track (I haven't) mentioned there are multiple lines thru each part, I suspect that at least half of the track is entirely 1 lined.

I think there is a lot of potential with this track. It appears you have jump construction pretty well down. I think if you really spend some time working on the layout you could have a really top notch track here.

I would suggest - spreading out the 1 lined (I call them "dead") straights, perhaps working in "setup" obsticals on the triple, whoops, and/or finish line double, developing a "marquee" obstical - something unique that will make the track stand out and keep riders looking forward to hitting it every lap, and I'm personally a big fan of using as much of the map as possible.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Hey dude , im just about donwload this track and i'll be back with a pretty good coments about your track because i really apreciati guys that spend hours on tracks till get it good for realese , its looking great at pictures...

I'll edit with a review
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Anything else from saint jones?
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

Garasaki wrote: So although one person who already has ridden the track (I haven't) mentioned there are multiple lines thru each part, I suspect that at least half of the track is entirely 1 lined.
While I do see what you are saying about the triple, finish line, and the short straight, the actual rhythm sections do have multiple options. You can step on-step-on single through the first section, or you can triple over the table and double out to the single. The next section after the 4 little rollers you can double-double over the tabletop to the single or triple onto the table and stepoff. I'm simply saying there are choices in the rhythm sections.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

I think this track is very fun. Each section individually is simple, but it is difficult to run a perfect lap. So far i have run a 33-something.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Very fun, and good. You have your disp down pat. No problems at all with it. The only things that could use upgrading are the layouts.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Garasaki wrote:It appears you have jump construction pretty well down.
Actually it's wilson that has the jump construction figured out. He let me borrow his jumps while I master other things first. So thanks to Wilson for the nice jumps, I just changed them a lil here and there to suit my needs. :)
yomo

Post by yomo »

Ok heres what i think.

Firstly for a first track this is pretty good.

There are many good things about this track but there is not much point saying them all.

Here is what i think needs work on.
1. In my opinion the whoops are too easy.
2. Some of the jumps are 15 foot high. Apposed to the regulation 6 foot high triple jumps in real life.
3. I'm not a fan of having collisions with the bales. But that is up to you whether you think it adds to the realism or not.
4. The last timing gate just gives you enough room to make the jump (for time trial). Maybe put that back a few meters? But it is fine where it is
5. The off track textures look to "perfect" with the way they are tiled. Set the tiling pattern to random orientation.
Other than that i think this is a good track.

Hope it helped