MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:

Still wayyy too much work left :/
Can i please have your HUD? :shock: :shock:

Shifter, Pitboard, Tach are so sexy
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by checkerz »

Jones221 wrote:Just kind of repeating, it's checks track. He just did visuals if I'm not mistaken.
Warrior's original base rescaled and much of it was re-built. Gio hooking it up with rough/ruts/visuals. I'm sure I'll give it finishing touches too at some point.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Jones221 wrote:No offense, but I don't think your version would be better.
If it doesn't come out good then I guess they wont use it. I have improved quite alot since my last creation. I race MX338 pretty much every week. Worth a shot.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

When someone does make Southwick, can they make it really muddy and stormy? Because last year it was pretty roughed up.. :D
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

760Liam wrote:When someone does make Southwick, can they make it really muddy and stormy? Because last year it was pretty roughed up.. :D
I will make two versions if I do the track.
paulr093

Post by paulr093 »

dont make it, like jones said your version will probably not be better but possibly worse. no hard feelings.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

I took it easy, that was just mean. #motosportkids..
only one to win something real from the game!
paulr093

Post by paulr093 »

i know him very well jones.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Jones221 wrote:I took it easy, that was just mean. #motosportkids..
"#benice"
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

yeah he does know me. Maybe I will attempt it in the future after I truely master the art of Track creation. But my newest project is coming along pretty dam good.
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

checkerz wrote:
Jones221 wrote:Just kind of repeating, it's checks track. He just did visuals if I'm not mistaken.
Warrior's original base rescaled and much of it was re-built. Gio hooking it up with rough/ruts/visuals. I'm sure I'll give it finishing touches too at some point.
track will need checkerz' magic touch at the end :)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Such a prick placing all the fences in Blender. Got a good method worked out now though. Still a few spots where its not lined up properly

giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

Oh god am i the only one who's not able to place banners in blender?
I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what's wrong..and i guess haggqvist is getting tired of my continuous questions..
How did you managed to place them dj?
Could you hit me up on msn please?
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

While I'm waiting for some objects to be finished and release Alcarras, I've started the second round of the spanish championship. This track is called Oliva. Still on early stages but I wanted to show you how is looking so far.

DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

giopanda wrote:Oh god am i the only one who's not able to place banners in blender?
I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what's wrong..and i guess haggqvist is getting tired of my continuous questions..
How did you managed to place them dj?
Could you hit me up on msn please?
You weren't there on MSN, so here's a quick tute on the way I do it:

1) Set up your disp in blender (I'm assuming you can do that?). Height should be in the Z direction.

2) Make a new object, with its centre in the centre of the disp (Z position isn't important just yet)

3) In this object, take a vertex from any object (eg a plane) and duplicate it.

4) Turn on "snap during transform" and set the snap element to face. Have it set to center. This feature is the little magnet thats on the same bar where you select edit mode, object mode etc.

5) Move the vertex to where you want to start the fences (looking from above). The vertex will snap to the height of the terrain disp.

6) Extrude the vertex to form an edge. The new vertex will also snap to the disp height. Keep doing this, but keep the edge length consistent (I made mine about 20ft). You can tell the extrusion length from the number in brackets under the 3D window. You should now have the bottom edge of your fences drawn around your terrain, and they should all follow the terrain height.

7) Duplicate another vertex, and place it near the object centre. Extrude it to make a edge that crosses the object centre. This will be a dummy fence to help get the height right in game. Now, turn off the snapping feature.

8) Select all of your edges, and extrude it up in the Z direction a desired length (I made mine 5ft). Select all of the faces, and recalculate the normals.

9) Select a single face in your fence row. Unwrap as 'reset'. Make sure the unwrapping is orientated in the right direction. The unwrapping will take up the entire UV space, and won't be in the same shape as the fence, but that isn't an issue yet.

10) Select the rest of the faces in the fence line (ctrl+l). Unwrap, and select "Follow active quads". Choose edge length mode as "even". The fence row will now be unwrapped, and it will extend beyond the uv space in the x direction. So, if you have a repeated texture, each face will show the exact same texture.

11) Duplicate the current fence, and flip its normals. Scale its uv mapping by -1 in the x direction. So now the back faces will show the exact same as the front faces.

12) Select all of the faces, and shift everything up or down in the z direction, so the base of the dummy fence is aligned with the object centre in the z direction. You can now delete the dummy fence.

13) Apply the edgesplit modifier with an angle of 0. This will make it so the fences dont have smooth shading.

14) Export your model. Set the position to be the centre of your map, with a height of 0. Set the rotation to -12.57. Voila.

Of course, you will want to break the model into separate sections to use different textures.

If this is hard to understand, I'll redo this tute with pics at a later date.