Suggestions for Mx Sim Editor

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: Suggestions for Mx Sim Editor

Post by Voutare »

ddmx488 wrote:There is a technique I've been experimenting with that combines ideas from mva and mxs as far as texture painting. Goardy pioneered this idea which he is using on Donington, and I'm sure Lakewood. There are of course at least a couple of things you can do to allow this also style. I'll upload a pic showing what you could do.
And this way looks awesome. Definately the best way so far to go about making track decals.

Now, if only I could use my computer, get rid of that fucking virus, and upload the completed version...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Safe mode.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

yeap
safe mod then save your track files and format your HD :wink:
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

Editor its amazing, perfect, just need to fix the texture system
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

the only complaint i have with the editor is not being friendly with off cambers
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

krb_danke#21 wrote:Editor its amazing, perfect, just need to fix the texture system
I think most of you don't realise why most games don't have an editor of some sort. The better looking the game is, the more complex it is to make a 'level' (track in this case). You should be thankful that you can even place textures in game
gordy

Post by gordy »

Pumaxcs wrote:the only complaint i have with the editor is not being friendly with off cambers
offcambers arent hard, all you have to do is make it like a berm, except have it rise up in the middle.
instupitious.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

im talking in the sense of jumps
like if i was to make a double on a hill the part near the bottom would be defined the top part would almost be like a table becausethe lip has fused into the side of the hill
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

DJ wrote:
krb_danke#21 wrote:Editor its amazing, perfect, just need to fix the texture system
I think most of you don't realise why most games don't have an editor of some sort. The better looking the game is, the more complex it is to make a 'level' (track in this case). You should be thankful that you can even place textures in game
Then that would have to apply for making skins, models and objects not just tracks.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Modelling and skinning is pretty much the same for all games. Its just collisions and placement of models/ ground textures that is difficult and varies from game to game
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Pumaxcs wrote:im talking in the sense of jumps
like if i was to make a double on a hill the part near the bottom would be defined the top part would almost be like a table becausethe lip has fused into the side of the hill
If you use gradient linear add, you paint just like when using g-l-paint, but each pixel you paint is placed the same amount above the pixel below. meaning if your jump is on a 15 degree horizontal slope, the lip of the jump will also be a 15 degree slope. The only proble with add, is that you can only really do it once. If you make changes, and then do add, your jump will be twice as tall. I hope this makes sense.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:
If you use gradient linear add, you paint just like when using g-l-paint, but each pixel you paint is placed the same amount above the pixel below. meaning if your jump is on a 15 degree horizontal slope, the lip of the jump will also be a 15 degree slope. The only proble with add, is that you can only really do it once. If you make changes, and then do add, your jump will be twice as tall. I hope this makes sense.
actually this made a great deal of sense i never knew what add did so i always used paint but now that this is explained i might be able to solve a few problems
MXS Cares
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

glad to help. Now lets get some tracks released! :D
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

lmao just learn how to use editor
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Pumaxcs wrote:
dearnhardtfan7 wrote:
actually this made a great deal of sense i never knew what add did so i always used paint but now that this is explained i might be able to solve a few problems
two post below we just had this whole conversation...
read the whole problem before you jump in
MXS Cares