Need help with editor...

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
hondaboy12
Team: Privateer

Need help with editor...

Post by hondaboy12 »

I dont know where the original mx.exe is so i dont know how to paste over it.. can someone help me?
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Re: Need help with editor...

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

See here:
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MX Simulator
or where you have instaled the game.
hondaboy12

Post by hondaboy12 »

thats the problem... there is no mx.exe all there are is 4 folders that all contane things called ameature lines...
hondaboy12

Post by hondaboy12 »

ok so i got it so i can play the blank track... but when i press tab twice it doesnt go to editor it just changes my view.. what do i do
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

you need put the editor exe file on MX Simulator folder to see the editor with tab key.

Right clik on the shortcut of mxsimulator on your desktop , clik properties and put this on the 1º box :
"C:\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\mx.exe" --editor
This >>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is where you have your game instaled , path of the folder.

If you cant figure it out , post here where you have the game instaled and i will post the right path code for your shortcut.

Other easy way to find where is your mx simulator instaled is right clik on the shortcut where u launch the game and see the properties or install the game again and look at the install folder.
hondaboy12

Post by hondaboy12 »

ok i got it working.. so now when i go to gradient add after i edited the jump i want it nothing works and where it usually says ok it says update needed...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

"Update needed" just means the back buffer doesn't match the track (which should be the case when you are in the process of painting/adding in a gradient). You can hit 'u' to force an update to the back buffer. The back buffer provides the input heights used in the editing operations.
hondaboy12

Post by hondaboy12 »

alright sweet so i got it working and im in the process of making a sx track and i think im going with phoenix as the layout.... one question i have photoshop and im good at editing pics... i always hear people saying they make there maps and edit textures on photoshop... how do i do that?... im still kinda new to the computer editing
kawa77

Post by kawa77 »

ive hit "u" n nuthin happens..
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Nothing will visibly change. The difference is what is used as the input to whatever you're doing. Say you have a gradient that is just +1 foot everywhere. Now you start drawing in add mode. As you draw, the ground will end up 1 foot over the original height, but no higher because it is adding to the original heights stored in the back buffer. If you update the back buffer now, you will be able to add 1 foot to the areas you already raised (i.e. 2 feet over the original).