DEL key doesn't work, but solution found

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

DEL key doesn't work, but solution found

Post by Netdemon01 »

In case anyone else was having this trouble of the 'DEL' delete key not working for them. I couldn't figure out why pressing this key would not delete a statue. So I went through and started pressing all the keys and found out that the 'x' key actually deletes a statue. The editing.html page says to use DEL so I was a bit confused for awhile. So hopefully this helps anyone else having this trouble.

jlv, is this just a keyboard scancode issue or did you just recently change statue delete to the 'x' key? Just curious as all the other keys work accordingly in the editor.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: DEL key doesn't work, but solution found

Post by jlv »

I added 'x' because some people were having trouble with 'del'. Of course, I forgot to mention it anywhere. Thanks for pointing it out.

Btw, does it print anything when you hit 'del'? It should say 'Pressed 0x7f' (7f hex is the ascii delete code). But something is obviously going wrong.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

No it doesn't print anything like it does with the other keys. In fact, it doesn't print anything for that group of 6 keys there: Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, or Page Down keys. It's like it doesn't recongize that group of 6 keys or something. But if none of them have a function then I guess it really isn't an issue.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

??? X doesnt work 4 me or del
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Does it show a key code?
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

no, and the editor page shows some editor options that i dont have
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The only new feature in the screenshots is the SubMode selector. If you're missing something besides that, you're probably running the wrong exe.
HolstadMX

Post by HolstadMX »

then what is the right one?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »