decal problems,need help

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Rm85#107

decal problems,need help

Post by Rm85#107 »

Ok when i put out my decals on the track it looks like this the edges are sharp so it looks ugly. How do i change it on photo shop so it are more smoothed on the edges (i suck on photo shop)
Attachments
mx 2009-03-10 18-58-05-76.png
(496.04 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
sam-brinkley
Team: Pro Privateer

Re: decal problems,need help

Post by sam-brinkley »

Edit them inphotoshop to have smooth edges what you do is

1) Open the texture in photoshop and copy it and then paste it onto a new layer (transparent layer)
2) Click Select, All and then go to select, modify, Contract (or something like that) and then put that to like 25pixles
Then go to feather and put that to like 25 pixels and then go to select, inverse
3) And then get the eraser tool the bigger the brush the better say 300pixels and then rub out inbetween the lines till the
edges are smooth and they flow nicely

Thanks. Sam Brinkley
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Hi, this is my first pose, so sorry if i do anything wrong or post in the wrong place,

I would just like to know, when i make a decal i do paint the texture on a transparent layer and there is only one layer in the image. When i save the file as a .png file, the decals appear ingame as solid and no transparency, how can i solve this problem, also, when I start the race, an error message appears "the -texture- power cant be loaded", lol wtf? :mrgreen: Can someone please help?

THX
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The warning is telling you the width and height of your image both have to be a power of 2 (e.g. 64,128,256,512,1024).

For the transparency, make sure your image has a alpha channel.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.