Red Bull Record Compound

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
shoogshoog

Red Bull Record Compound

Post by shoogshoog »

An experienced track maker should make a Red Bull World Record compound. I'm talking 300ft distance jumps, quarter pipes and big ass step-ups and step-downs. That would be very sick. I would do it but I can't make a whoop let alone a massive jump.
DJ99X

Re: Red Bull Record Compound

Post by DJ99X »

Better learn how then
shoogshoog

Post by shoogshoog »

For someone who doesn't ever use Windows except to play games and who knows nothing about the maze of files involved in Windows, it's not really practical to learn how to make tracks.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Nothing hard about opening the MXS track editor and playing around?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

shoogshoog wrote:An experienced track maker should make a Red Bull World Record compound. I'm talking 300ft distance jumps, quarter pipes and big ass step-ups and step-downs. That would be very sick. I would do it but I can't make a whoop let alone a massive jump.
Well if you make a couple tracks, then you'd be an experienced track maker right?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
shoogshoog

Post by shoogshoog »

i've played with the editor. I can only produce bumps.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well do you think we were master track makers when we first started?
shoogshoog

Post by shoogshoog »

No, but I'm assuming you were all pretty comfortable with windows before you started. If jlv decided he wanted to make an osx version of mx sim we wouldn't be having this conversation. But I doubt that will ever happen. I just don't have the patience to figure it out. Which is why I suggested someone should do it. I'm not demanding it be done. I just thought I would throw it out there.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

What knowledge of windows do you need to make a track?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

So does this make Bill Gates an experienced track maker? I assume he knows windows?? Or what about PC dude from those mac commericals? He sure dosen't look like a track maker to me.

Being a mac user, I'd figure you are pretty comfortable with PS (aren't all mac users artist types???), which means you should be an awesome track maker. Now lets see some...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
shoogshoog

Post by shoogshoog »

Garasaki wrote:So does this make Bill Gates an experienced track maker? I assume he knows windows?? Or what about PC dude from those mac commericals? He sure dosen't look like a track maker to me.

Being a mac user, I'd figure you are pretty comfortable with PS (aren't all mac users artist types???), which means you should be an awesome track maker. Now lets see some...
I'm sure it would be a hell of a lot easier for him than it would be for me... and I actually am pretty comfortable with PS. I just don't care to learn what I would do with a psd and all that nonsense.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

shoogshoog wrote:
Garasaki wrote:So does this make Bill Gates an experienced track maker? I assume he knows windows?? Or what about PC dude from those mac commericals? He sure dosen't look like a track maker to me.

I'm sure it would be a hell of a lot easier for him than it would be for me... and I actually am pretty comfortable with PS. I just don't care to learn what I would do with a psd and all that nonsense.
If you think your comfortable with ps but don't know what a psd is then you have a long way to go
shoogshoog

Post by shoogshoog »

Mbutler183 wrote:
shoogshoog wrote:

If you think your comfortable with ps but don't know what a psd is then you have a long way to go
How do you get "I don't know what a psd is." from "I don't know what I would do with a psd." ? I meant that even if I made a psd with a track on it, I wouldn't know what to do with that file.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

shoogshoog wrote: How do you get "I don't know what a psd is." from "I don't know what I would do with a psd." ? I meant that even if I made a psd with a track on it, I wouldn't know what to do with that file.
lol
you`re not familiar with photoshop i guess,a psd is a photoshop file :roll:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

:lol:

well shoogshoog , I'm afraid that making a track is just too much work for you.