Textures - other type of textures

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Textures - other type of textures

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

JLV i think you should change the game by add a button on the track editor (or other way on the game files) to that the game dont read the shading.ppm and read texture.png but on this file need read all colors (mcm2\mxavt type , not just black and white like on the shading.ppm) ,
but keep the detail textures of the dirt (and grass) cause they look good.

Keep the old texture sistem as it is now , do this as a option because the textures as they are now are good for test drive when we are building the track and for people that want use it.

Now off-topic
To me this game need (not going into small details) :
1•Track textures (like i said on the top or something like that , 1 file with all colors and shadows).

2•Online that alow us race with 10 or 15 humam riders , with good precision of where the other riders are and that show the rooms of the people that is racing or go race and with a chat (like mcm2 old zone) and that dont do many problems with routers .. . . that use some type of ports that its easy for all type of players , because some people dont know and dont want spend 1 or 2 hours trying settup their internet to play.

3•Make the rider fall off the bike when the bike hit the ground in a weird angle and then we need go (drive the rider) by foot to get the bike from the ground to continue race and to make the engine start if its off we need clik a button like 3 times on 2 stroke and 6 times on 4 strokes , this randomly :P .

To me this are the most important thinks for the next developemnts\versions of the game.
If this cant be done right now , hopefully you will put it on your book of things to do for the game :) .
matias
Team: Privateer

Re: Textures - other type of textures

Post by matias »

i agreee w/u the frist point are most relationship whit the general grapichs not only the textures, but a little improve are good. second point i think are THE BASIC requiriments to do a game in this days , everything are MP rigth now. when the game has MP i ll buy it for sure, today i think stil been a beta for me. 3 point a few days ago i say the same like u when u hit the ground y the sistem chang the mode of play to a first person and use " W A S D and F " to move an chact the bike.
i whait for the next releases of the game see any of this opinions .
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

but on this file need read all colors (mcm2\mxavt type , not just black and white like on the shading.ppm)

The shading.ppm does read all colours already, i made the texture you see below using only the shading.ppm, discarding the stock textures :)

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

i agree with him falling off the bike but the u have 2 steer him back 2 the bike part i dont.... ppl will crash on purpose and just go walking round messing other ppl up...i say depending on how hard the crash was the faster u get back to ur bike. ex... frontwheel washout he gets back up fast and can run but if they endo they will get up much slower and stumble 2 get back 2 the bike... conclusion.... dont let us drive just have scenarios ready for wat type of crash we have 2 make him get back to the bike on his own
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

On the topic of textures JLV, ive made a texture called earth (just incase it was mixed up with the dirt.ppm of the game), and one called mud. Ive made all of the earth-mud-0001.ppm's etc, but its not working, im still getting the square edges. Heres what I have

Code: Select all

blank/earth.ppm
blank/mud.ppm
blank/earth-mud-0001.ppm
blank/earth-mud-0010.ppm
blank/earth-mud-0011.ppm
blank/earth-mud-0100.ppm
blank/earth-mud-0101.ppm
blank/earth-mud-0111.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1000.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1010.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1011.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1100.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1101.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1110.ppm
blank/earth-mud-1111.ppm
Theres nothing wrong with that is there?

P.S sorry for all the questions ive been asking lately....
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

Are you suppose to be missing blank/earth-mud-1001.ppm in that list? I don't know anything about what you're trying to do so I'm just asking.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I don't know if it will help, but here are the stock textures.

And if you keep making tracks like oakcrest, you can ask all the questions you want. :D
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

OK, the problem seems to be having the blank/ out the front of the earth-mud-#### files, cos it all works properly when the files are placed into the personal folder rather than the track folder itself. Its strange, because the earth.ppm and mud.ppm files can be run out of the track folder.

Anyway, I'm starting to agree with everyone else in saying that the texturing needs a new system, because when i add a mud patch, it has a square shape, it just doesn't look right

EG-