Photoshop track issues

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Judan

Photoshop track issues

Post by Judan »

ok read the photoshop tutorial didnt help me figure this out ( i have photoshop 7.0 ), so my problem is i open up the terrain to edit i go to use the brush on it a error comes up saying "could not use the brush tool because it does not work with 16bit grayscale to edit " bla bla bla ... so .. i changed it to 8 bit edited it changed it back to 16 bit then tryed to save... when i go to save it dosent let me save it as .png the only options i get are .psd , .raw and .tiff

can any one enlighten me on how the f*** to save it as png :x
Garasaki

Re: Photoshop track issues

Post by Garasaki »

Don't change it in the first place.

The problem you are having is with the brush tool. I don't know what the deal is with that.

Make sure you have a grayscale color selected I guess?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Judan

Post by Judan »

im trying to edit it and put ruts etc can anyone that knows why this is happing to tell me whats wrong other than saying dont edit it like you did lol XD didnt help me out at all lol
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Send me the .png

I'll rip it from you

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I mean look at it for you :lol:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

Photoshop 7.0 can't edit 16-bit images fully (certain functions are disabled such as brush tool). There is a plug-in that will let you export a 16-bit png (super-png I think) but it is kind of useless because all of your editing has to be done in 8-bit. The conversion to 8-bit loses most of the quality and when you import into the game it is all blocky.
gordy
Team: Privateer

Post by gordy »

youll just have to bite the bullet like i did and upgrade
instupitious.
Judan

Post by Judan »

hmm ye i shall "pay" and upgrade soon thanks fro the help guys