Texture Mal-function!

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Texture Mal-function!

Post by iceman967 »

Hey for some odd reason my computer doesn't want to load the last 4-5 dirt-sand "".ppm textures... I need help, I looked in the folder compared to the texture file and it is all there... advice please?
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
iceman967

Re: Texture Mal-function!

Post by iceman967 »

Advice from anyone? Please? I have 2-3 tracks that i need to complete with this...
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'd need more info to help. At least show us (i.e. everyone who could potentially help you) the texturelist file.

Also, I would leave off all the dirt-grass-xxxx.ppm and dirt-sand-xxxx.ppm files for new tracks. Better to use decals to blend between them.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

HA! You do it too! You used the word us when refering to yourself.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Pumaxcs wrote:HA! You do it too! You used the word us when refering to yourself.
Haha, why have you been looking for that lately?
gordy
Team: Privateer

Post by gordy »

Pumaxcs wrote:HA! You do it too! You used the word us when refering to yourself.
its an australian thing, you hear it quite frequently over here
instupitious.
iceman967

Post by iceman967 »

jlv wrote:Also, I would leave off all the dirt-grass-xxxx.ppm and dirt-sand-xxxx.ppm files for new tracks. Better to use decals to blend between them.
I do use decals over the stock texture so when it looks like sand it feels like it too... here is a screen shot of my textures list, folder, and what it says when i open the game.

texture list:
Folder:
In game:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'd delete line 4 and everything after it. There's no need for it if you're going to decal over it anyway.

It's not finding the textures because they're in your track folder. If you want it to find them there you have to specify the folder in the texturelist file. E.g.

dirt.ppm
1 20 50 grass.ppm
.1 5 10 mytrack/teflon.png
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
iceman967

Post by iceman967 »

Thanks JLV, it worked!!!