Re: How to place objects in blender?
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 pm
Oops I had not seen this post sorry, thank you
Just practice more!
wheels1758 wrote:Here is a script to write the placement of objects that have been placed in blender.
Basically, the coordinates will be written with respect to the origin. If the objects are placed in the x-z plane, uncheck 'Convert to y-up' when exporting.
To set up an object:
1. Place object in blender.
2. Select object and go to properties window.
3. In object properties, select 'Custom Properties'
4. Add a property. Edit this and set Property Name to model. Set Property Value to the name of the model (ie mytrack/mybale.jm)
5. Repeat for texture and collision (those are the Property Names. if you skip these steps, the objects will be written as 'default_model.jm', 'default_texture.png', etc)
6. Open blender Text editor, load this script.
7. Select all objects to write.
8. Click 'Run Script' in the text editor window.
ColtonD719 wrote:Is there a way to get this to export the rotation of the objects?
ColtonD719 wrote:You mean this one from barrington? http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46002