editor problems

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
mxdude891

editor problems

Post by mxdude891 »

i am trying to get the editor to work and when i go to the properties and put in --editor into the target box its says that the target box is invalid and that it doesnt match the file name
can some help please
thanks
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: editor problems

Post by yzmxer608 »

Are you putting that into the shortcut or the original exe file? Make sure you have a space before the "--editor".
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mxdude891

Post by mxdude891 »

im putting it into the shortcut but is there a specific spot to put it in or what and am i suppose to put it in the snapshot shortcut or the original shortcut
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Put it in the original shortcut, since that points back to the snapshot exe (the one you renamed to mx.exe) There is a screenshot of the place it is supposed to be in in the faq topic.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mxdude891

Post by mxdude891 »

alright i did that now but then when i go into the game on a blank track and then i press tab it still doesnt work
jw is this what its suppose to look like in the target thing ...... "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator--editor\mx.exe --editor.exe"
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Get rid of --editor that you put inside the file path

Look, this was in the FAQ. Not too hard to understand just from this pic

mxdude891

Post by mxdude891 »

alrite thank you its working now dont know why i wasnt understanding that befor but thanks you
KTM65

Post by KTM65 »

Hi all, I am new to the forum and the game I have got into the Editor but the right button on my mouse should enlarge the values but does not alter a thing, for example if I left click on zoom the track gets smaller but if I right click it stays the same size. Has anyone met this problem if so how did you overcome it, my mouse works fine in my packages like Photoshop, Illustrator ect. I hope someone can help :)
gordy
Team: Privateer

Post by gordy »

you click with the left button to the left or right of the value, it depends on position, not what button you click
instupitious.