Ground moving?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
DJ99X

Re: Ground moving?

Post by DJ99X »

It was on unadilla, the ground kept changing colours, and apparently it did it on Villory hill as well. I just realised that the one thing they have in common is the large base texture.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The decals load using the same settings as the model textures, so she has to turn down 'model texture detail'.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

I messed with every single setting in the graphics menu.I turned each one up and then down.None caused any difference to the ground changing...
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Get that video working again so JLV can analyse it
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

(And yes I restarted each time I changed one thing^)
Here's a picture to maybe better your understanding JLV
As I move the places that are dirt magically turn to grass.
My Stats
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

Unfortunately I deleted that video off of my computer but I'll make another one if it's needed.
My Stats
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Try these settings:

ground texture resolution: 128x128
use framebuffer objects: no
model texture detail: 7
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

There was no difference exept my bike became blurry.
My Stats
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

What does it look like in the editor when you're in decals mode? Try moving the mouse around to see of the detailed area is offset or totally scrambled.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

To be honest I've had barely any experience with the editor.But when I moved the mouse around in Decals it looked normal.At least I think.Nothing happened until I moved the mouse over grass.Then I could see some difference, looked kind of like a large square that made the grass light up.But I'm guessing thats normal too?
My Stats
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No, that's not normal. I suspect your GL drivers aren't clipping large terrain decals correctly. I think I might be able to work around it though.

I've also found this if you're interested. I don't know if it works well or not.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Brina927

Post by Brina927 »

Omg JLV it worked.The ground is finally stationary :D What did you add in that?Thanks!
My Stats
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I subdivided large decals so they don't exceed a set limit in size. Could you send me the file named "lastlog.txt" in your MX Sim personal folder? I want to make sure the workaround is only used when the game is running under that specific driver, so I need the exact GL_RENDERER and GL_VERSION strings.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com