GP of Ireland 2006

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
jayjayktm
Team: Privateer

GP of Ireland 2006

Post by jayjayktm »

Hey,

Does anybody have contact details for frantik, was thinking of getting this track converted to MXS but need his permission

http://www.mcmfactory.com/display.php?c ... ks&id=1529
FactoryBR21

Re: GP of Ireland 2006

Post by FactoryBR21 »

pm him on MXHQ ,ohh that track reminds some awesome MVA Championships ! I can't forget those qualifies haha they were really nice ! lot of guys and everyone were really fast
Good old times :)
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
jayjayktm

Post by jayjayktm »

yeah its a really nice track, thats the track i broke my wrist on friday
jayjayktm

Post by jayjayktm »

couldnt find find any frantiks on mxhq :x
chez

Post by chez »

ya dont need his permission just do it i want this track
KTM
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

^ No. ALWAYS ask the creators permission before using their work.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I've never done anything with MvA, but aren't all the tracks packed into a .saf like what we have? So unless you get the disp from the creator, you can't do anything. :/
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

No they are in a pak, which you can extract the files from if you have Multiex. But the disp and textures are in a different compression mode from the rest of the dxt files so you can't convert them (that I know of).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

yzmxer608 wrote:No they are in a pak, which you can extract the files from if you have Multiex. But the disp and textures are in a different compression mode from the rest of the dxt files so you can't convert them (that I know of).
I'm sure Wake could do it. Is this Frantik guy active with anything? Or is there any email/MSN/AIM contact information available?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Don't think he's active anymore, not sure about his e-mail.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I got his MSN, Ill talk to him about it when he gets on.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Voutare wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:No they are in a pak, which you can extract the files from if you have Multiex. But the disp and textures are in a different compression mode from the rest of the dxt files so you can't convert them (that I know of).
I'm sure Wake could do it. Is this Frantik guy active with anything? Or is there any email/MSN/AIM contact information available?
he does, but it isn't that hard I remeber I did it a longe time ago... I dont remeber how anymore maybe it was using Uetoo.
extrack a file then open on Uetoo something like this :wink:
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah I think I know what you are talking about, can't do that with the new UE2 though.
jayjayktm

Post by jayjayktm »

I got through to frantik via email. awaiting reply
jayjayktm

Post by jayjayktm »

as for the desertmartin track....i lost all of my mva stuff last year apart from the actual track pak.files, so i dont have any disp maps, texs maps or anything related to mva editor files, sorry about that.
although.......if you have the "unleashed editor too" app you may be able to extract the disp map from there...but dont ask me how as its been quite a while since i dabbled in the world of creating tracks.
you have my permission to use the track in anyway you want as long as you give me a little original recognition when releasing another version of it.

ps: why the interest in this particular track?

FrAnTiK

alright, we have his permission, but no disp, which i wanted because someone was going to edit the track to the way it is now, i heard, that using something you can get the disp from the pak, anybody want to help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks