Could we do this???

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
norcal_105
Team: Privateer

Could we do this???

Post by norcal_105 »

Just wondering. for awhile i was playing MVA and using the track editor because its easy to make really good tracks.. Is there any way to make tracks on the MVA editor and use them in MXS??? I dont know if its the same type of files or if it could be converted but any info would be great.. thx, :mrgreen:
FactoryBR21

Re: Could we do this???

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Basically you could but you need some pretty skills on Photoshop and know how to scalling on MXS and your track will get all wierd because they are very different files and It woudl lose a lot of quality making your track crappy.
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Kinda like br said, the disp map size in mva is 257. the disp map size in mxs is 1025. There is gonna be a huge quality loss there, especially when you convert to greyscale from rgb.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

The MVA editor can export TGA right? Well just import that TGA into photoshop, resize to 1025X1025 and save as terrain.png. TAdaa. It will be low definition I think though. I'm not sure what resolution disp MVA uses.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

ddmx488 wrote:the disp map size in mva is 257. the disp map size in mxs is 1025.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

MvA uses 257x257, has to be that when imports (it resizes it for you if it's not upon import) and export.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Sorry for double posting. (I hadn't noticed DDMX's post.) You could actually keep it in its native resolution of 257X257 and just scale it right up with terrain.hf. But again the definition would be really low. (No worse than MVA mind). Your ruts would have to be pretty wide. I don't think quality would be an issue since a 24-bit TGA is higher quality than a 16-bit PNG.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

yea i kinda figured there was a reason nobody else was doin it..
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

nah, is not hard to do, i`ve converted my lagunacaren into mvs in just some minutes, no need to resize or anything, just import your mxsim .png disp map into mva editor and you can start by that, also, you would want to resize the png file for some tracks because the area it`s pretty small...
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

He meant coming from the MvA track editor to MXS, not the other way around ;).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

ddmx488 wrote:There is gonna be a huge quality loss there, especially when you convert to greyscale from rgb.
Pixel dimensions aside, this right here is a major problem.

Basically, I'd say if you have the PS skills to make the conversion and have it be reasonable quality, you probably also have the PS skills to just plain make a track in PS...

I've converted an MCM2 track to MXS, and it honestly rides good. I'll release it someday (hopefully). I used the smooth function in the MXS editor to help me out with the grayscale conversion problem.

Once you convert the track, you can then make high def features (ie ruts) on your 1025x1025 mxs file (png).
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Would you mind telling what mcm2 track it is? ;).
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Summer Slump, was released under the name "Allen" cause he did the textures. I think.

November. 2005.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ka Pow: http://mdxracing.com/mdx_plugins/copper ... at=0&pos=0
Just rode it, seemed like it would be pretty cool in mxs. By any chance is it Genesis SX?

Those mcm2 sounds are lovely by the way.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

yzmxer608 wrote:By any chance is it Genesis SX?
yep (my first track)