Some handy scripts

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
yomo

Re: Some handy scripts

Post by yomo »

FINALY I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone else is stumped for 6 hours working out the problem make sure you put a back slash between c: and python.
However i got it to work woohoo :D
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Um when i splice demos why results doesnt show up?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

sorry i didnt find any better topic than this so heres mi question:

where's that fucking thing who places your stargate putting two coordenades???? :evil:
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Danke. Was that swearing really necessary?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

It is really frustrating to find that thing becuase its not directly linked anywhere you'd expect it to be
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I bookmarked it :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

When I try to splice the demos the CMD doesn't recognize 'python'. Thought I had this before and I fixed it but I can't figure it out now.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

yzmxer608 wrote:When I try to splice the demos the CMD doesn't recognize 'python'. Thought I had this before and I fixed it but I can't figure it out now.
Did you make sure to refernce the folder that python is in? Most likely the python26 folder on your c:

Most of the time, I put all the files I need to use (demos if I'm splicing or whatever) into the python26 folder then its easy as typing

cd c:/python26 <enter>

To make the python26 folder the current directory. Then when you type in python it will know where to find it. Hope that helps/makes sense
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:When I try to splice the demos the CMD doesn't recognize 'python'. Thought I had this before and I fixed it but I can't figure it out now.
You need to put the directory where the python exe is in your PATH environment variable.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Worked, thanks guys :).
Maleksi

Post by Maleksi »

lol im not even sure what am i doing here. When i have installed that python, whats next?? :o
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

How dare you lock the other scripts topic! :lol:

JM Scaler Python 2.6 Script

Syntax-

Code: Select all

python jm_scaler.py input.jm scale(multiplier) output.jm
Let me know if you have problems. It only works for JM1 files. And it only works with Python 2.6. Hows that for versatility? :lol:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You should make it take separate x, y and z scales so you can use it for making billboard to full detail transition models. Look near the end of this post (Smoothing the LOD Transistion) for an example of when it would be useful.

Which topic is locked?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

jlv wrote:You should make it take separate x, y and z scales so you can use it for making billboard to full detail transition models. Look near the end of this post (Smoothing the LOD Transistion) for an example of when it would be useful.

Which topic is locked?
So, I should write the separate x, y, z values for windows users? Because wouldn't that shall script work a whole lot better than doing each one separate.

And the scripts topic in General Discussion.