Some initial pointers

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
BoNalls

Some initial pointers

Post by BoNalls »

Alright, ive messed around alot with making some tracks for the game to get a feel of how the bike reacts to certain terrain and what not. Right now i am working on a supercross track.

Some pointers:
1. The current physics do not like poppy jumps... the rider will just do a front flip over it. All jumps need to be SMOOTH.

2. Whoops... The current physics seems to like long rounded whoops as opposed to deep ones. I've gotten it to the point where i can start out a set of whoops rounded and rather weak, and then progress to more aggressive whoops and the bike seems to be ok.

3. Ruts... the physics dont agree. Your rider will just fall over or you will not even catch them. One thing i really liked is when you implement ruts into a jump... your bike can catch one, and it throws your bike a little sideways...

I havent even begun figuring out the textures yet.... that's another task.
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Post by nickmx »

thanks for the tips. and are you using photoshop
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: Some initial pointers

Post by Shadow »

BoNalls wrote:I havent even begun figuring out the textures yet.... that's another task.
Add .raw extension to the tilemap file and you can edit the texs with PS. Once you open it, you'll get a grayscale pic, where different shades determine what texture tile goes where. As admin said in another thread, it's not the best idea to edit it directly because there's no way to get the tiles to match, but you can at least paint your track path visible this way. 100% black equals the brown dirt and I think the 93% is grass, I'm not really sure on the other shades though.