Making track elevation

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Cdod119
Team: 906 Media

Making track elevation

Post by Cdod119 »

Alright, I've looked all over the forums, tried to figure it out myself, and even tried PMing a few people but none of these worked so I'm sorry if this is a loathsome question to answer

I just started making tracks and recently released my first track; a replica of my house http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39344 but this one was pretty easy since my backyard is crazy flat, being in Michigan. What I beg for is assistance with making custom tracks with elevations; every time I try to make a track with any elevation, it just feels too intense or not intense enough, like it's artificial. If you guys could walk me through the technique and process you use to make tracks with elevation it would be much appreciated. Do you set a layout of the track and then make elevation or elevation first? what should my focus be on when making a hill? just general things like that. I also frequently run into problems with having slanted portions of track going up and down hills.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps out I know this is a tricky subject to try and explain but anything is appreciated
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Making track elevation

Post by Wahlamt »

I made a tutorial on this a while back. Also if you look at the latest videos, I have "live track making". I model a bit of the terrain there, from real life. Otherwise, here's the video. Let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Cdod119
Team: 906 Media

Re: Making track elevation

Post by Cdod119 »

Wahlamt wrote:I made a tutorial on this a while back. Also if you look at the latest videos, I have "live track making". I model a bit of the terrain there, from real life. Otherwise, here's the video. Let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Thanks a ton man I guess I looked everywhere for this but on your channel I appreciate it
"What's a socket"
-Nathan Smith