Decal's not showing in Notepad++

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
PhilAbney97
Team: DM Racing Honda

Decal's not showing in Notepad++

Post by PhilAbney97 »

I'm designing tracks for the upcoming DM series. I have the track base completed and I'm adding decals into the track. (Dirt, etc)

I've got all my PNG's and norms in my decal folder w/ proper names.
In my decals file I've got my decals named and set in there properly.
EX: [10.000000 10.000000] 0.000000 32.000000 1.000000 @Airway_Heights_MX/decal/Ontrack.png

I find the decals on the track and start painting the dirt in all the right places. I open my Notepad++ (Where I should see a crap ton of lines) and I see the original lines w/ no changes... It's almost like my PC is caching the previous version.

I've got a few track makers watching me step by step and aren't seeing the problem. Any help would be great!

NOTE: Windows 10 OS

V/r
Phil Abney
Dead Meat Racing Dev Team
Dead Meat Racing Series Admin
"Suck it Heckman" -Phil
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Decal's not showing in Notepad++

Post by Wahlamt »

Sounds like you put your blank track initially in your installation folder instead of the personal folder.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

The decal file won't live update as you place your decals. Close notepad, save your track with some decals placed, then reopen your decal file.

The file should be updated then. It may sound stupid but make sure you're opening the right file.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

aeffertz wrote:The decal file won't live update as you place your decals. Close notepad, save your track with some decals placed, then reopen your decal file.

The file should be updated then. It may sound stupid but make sure you're opening the right file.
If you save, then switch to the np++ window, it'll say "This file has been modified, do you want to reload it?". So half way :P
mototank14
Team: Dead Meat Racing

Post by mototank14 »

yea we figured it out just after this was posted, it was because he was using his main sim directory vs his personal folder and all the track updates were going to his personal folder. this thread should be closed.