Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
mxer223

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by mxer223 »

ddmx wrote: Someone should write a editor berm tutorial if there isn't one.
http://mxsimulator.com/editing.html

JLV already did.
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

ddmx wrote:, if it was ps i'd just go in and lower the opacity.
Cant you just erase them in smaller opacity on the erase brush? that should work...
gordy
Team: Privateer

Post by gordy »

I think what i used to do to adjust them in the editor was run a gradient placement thingo from the centre of the corner outwards, move the points on the berm downwards and do a radial paint.
It can be a bit iffy from memory, but its still better than brushing over it by hand in photoshop :lol:
instupitious.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

view from the fence

sk84life933

Post by sk84life933 »

That looks really cool ddmx!
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Post by mxbiker »

make sure you get the stones on the top line up with the sides, to make it more realistic
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

started working on Pala last night, very awesome track, but I need more track photos/video. Anyone who was there wanna help me by posting them up? I've already seen the stuff on the main moto sites and youtube, and have the races on my DVR from the TV coverage.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

ohhhh shit! thats awesome to hear! the whole time i was watching those races i was just thinking how sick it would be in MXS. theres a fair amount of helmet cam stuff out there.

saw this the other day. the dogger out there rippin it up!

http://vimeo.com/14790360
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Checkerz448 wrote:started working on Pala last night, very awesome track, but I need more track photos/video. Anyone who was there wanna help me by posting them up? I've already seen the stuff on the main moto sites and youtube, and have the races on my DVR from the TV coverage.
WOW ..for someone that always preaches about not liking to do replicas because theres no creativity in it ...haha just razzing :P Actually as I was watching the race I realized how much it was like Glen Helen ...Pretty simalar actually...Hmmmm
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdo8rfuN7ko
keep in mind thats on a 450
Deegan on a 450 at Pala
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

mxbiker wrote:make sure you get the stones on the top line up with the sides, to make it more realistic
This is important from the top-to-sides of the post, and also on the main fence.

The normal map doesnt look right either. The bricks should look extruded out from the edges. As it looks to me in the picture, the bricks look extruded inwards from the edges. Real life reference: http://catchwa.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/fence.jpg

I don't know if the edgesplit look did the object any good either.
Motoboss wrote:Actually as I was watching the race I realized how much it was like Glen Helen ...Pretty simalar actually...Hmmmm
I thought the same thing.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Motoboss wrote:
Checkerz448 wrote:started working on Pala last night, very awesome track, but I need more track photos/video. Anyone who was there wanna help me by posting them up? I've already seen the stuff on the main moto sites and youtube, and have the races on my DVR from the TV coverage.
WOW ..for someone that always preaches about not liking to do replicas because theres no creativity in it ...haha just razzing :P Actually as I was watching the race I realized how much it was like Glen Helen ...Pretty simalar actually...Hmmmm
I have my custom tracks I work on here and there, replicas only take me a week or two to make a solid disp for, so bang for the buck is pretty high. Pala is very similar to what I would build as a custom track, which is why it attracts me so much. Most replicas don't have as good of layouts or aren't as jumpy and don't make for as good of replicas.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Motoboss wrote:
I was watching the race I realized how much it was like Glen Helen ...Pretty simalar actually...Hmmmm
Yeah same here , unbeliveable brazilian tv showed it live , i have to say i got pretty excited with the track lol... it reminds a lot of glen helen for sure , also the commentarist of brazlian tv said the same.
It's awesome your making it checkerz and yeah that track somehow shows a lot of a what a custom good track in motocross games track making should got.
Also just a note after i watched the race that motived me to start a new track and i got to say im pretty pumped with what i've got so far , even its very early stages...
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

oh yeah, pala is so sick!!!!! this is gonna be awesome!! especially with checkerz making it!!!! i love all his tracks!!
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

Looks really good DD.
Working on a small compound of my own:
No elevation changes and the biggest triple is only 90 ft :|.
There should be elevation changes when I get done.(National track should be finished also lol). Gotta work on blending too. Hardest jump at the moment is the sand triple, even though it is the smallest.