Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Tom cortvriendt

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

guys i have a problem, im making an sx track in photoshop with the sx toolbox, but i did work on it, fixed some things, and after i fixed it i putted it in my personal folder, came back to the track, and now all the jumps are waaaaaay to low, dafuq??
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Reset your scale in the terrain.hf
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Put a solid black dot and a solid white dot in the corner of your track in photoshop. That will keep your height the same.
mxboy97
Team: TeamTimo

Post by mxboy97 »

New track by Tom and a little bit from me...

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

p2sta wrote:Lights
I would suggest either just to model the lights or leave them out. With the way that artificial lights have been done in the past, it looks sloppy and strange when riding. I think that it would be better to add lights to the track shading than to the actual stadium. Just my 2 cents.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

got your point, i tried to model it, but it looks even worse. I want to get something similar to jlvs flares on the sx stadiums if possible, but I have not much idea how the tracks stuff works, so it's up to Chris or whoever will work on the tracks
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Yeah, flares would be cool, but as far as I know, it's only possible to have one light source at the moment.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

no idea tbh. I need to learn more about track creating I guess :D they can be added as billboards I guess as Chris uses on his nigh tracks, or jlv on his stadiums (if that's how they do it tho)
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I think JLV does his lighting "glows" as statues then adds a flare to the lighting file at the same point to compliment them. The lighting vector in the lighting file is 1, 1.414, 1.
Wilson
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilson »

p2sta wrote:haha, yeah and considering 4k of it are actually just the seats, it's lowpoly I guess, but the problem is, the polygons are pretty big and then the skin is not really sharp since you have put them all on one texture...even tho I made it 2048x2048
You could split it into a few different objects with the same pivot point. I used this way with James Stewarts house and it worked pretty well for repeating textures.
pulse

Post by pulse »

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

Phathry25 wrote:I think JLV does his lighting "glows" as statues then adds a flare to the lighting file at the same point to compliment them. The lighting vector in the lighting file is 1, 1.414, 1.
thanks man, I have not really good idea about the lighting files etc, so I hope Chris or somebody else can handle this
Wilson wrote:
p2sta wrote:haha, yeah and considering 4k of it are actually just the seats, it's lowpoly I guess, but the problem is, the polygons are pretty big and then the skin is not really sharp since you have put them all on one texture...even tho I made it 2048x2048
You could split it into a few different objects with the same pivot point. I used this way with James Stewarts house and it worked pretty well for repeating textures.
Thanks, I have it already on 3 parts, rails/trons/rest...I will probably add some details to it, that will be included in other jm
west
Team: *eMc*

Post by west »

hello guys , i try to make a replica of a french track... i hope it will be good and fun ;)

link of the topic : http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27353[/size] => new engine's sounds
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Looks cool!

Throw some ideas please, you guys think this looks pretty good?
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
LucMx23
Team: Digital Dirtworx

Post by LucMx23 »

yes it looks great tom!
but the double on the left (after the two table tops) looks way to steep IMO