Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Sandhapper
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:21 am
Team: MotoRAD
Location: The Nederlands

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby Sandhapper » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Next time give me credit bru. You wouldn't have been able to make such shitty ruts without my help.

Track sucks as well.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Image

User avatar
dionhuybers
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:42 pm
Team: AMJ Graphixx
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby dionhuybers » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Sandhapper wrote:Next time give me credit bru. You wouldn't have been able to make such shitty ruts without my help.

Track sucks as well.


Hahahaha those are not the settings you gave me bro xd
Image

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 8746
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby checkerz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:58 pm

dionhuybers wrote:I am currently working on Tain Mx, with help of Mr. Jack Lang and Mr. JT43
Image
Image


Looks alright. Prettier because it's rendered of course.

Hopefully the traction is good as that will make or break a track like that (rough/rutted) pretty easily.

On faces, many times visual ruts or wider smoother ruts will work better since the physics clash with side collisions quite a bit.

But most importantly. The whole track is in a ditch pretty evenly dug all the way around. That's fine in some (even many) areas, but please take the time to break it up. Staring at a wall of dirt the whole time you are riding (plus riding and bouncing off the banks all the time) is no bueno.

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby JT43 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 pm

It's not rendered its an in game screenshot. C'mon checkerz i thought you were intelligent enough to realize that. Also about the track being in a ditch. It's like that in real life, the entire track has been made to be as close to real life as possible. Sorry if you dont like it but the fact that it's in a ditch cant be changed.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 8746
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby checkerz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:46 pm

JT43 wrote:It's not rendered its an in game screenshot. C'mon checkerz i thought you were intelligent enough to realize that. Also about the track being in a ditch. It's like that in real life, the entire track has been made to be as close to real life as possible. Sorry if you dont like it but the fact that it's in a ditch cant be changed.

I forgot, only "OMG I CAN'T WAIT" and other forms of e-blowjobs are allowed.

I guess now wouldn't be a good time to tell you that if that is an in game shot the decals could use some variation as they don't have much texture to them and look like a flat color and the lighting bouncing off them looks like a girl who spent too much time fake baking or water spilled on plastic.

Also, roughness usually isn't completely even and straight all the way across the track.

But of course, ignore this whole post or say something stupid back since I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

Don't you and August have some flirting to do or something?

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13694
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby KTM57 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 am

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

It's pretty obvious that there are no decals on that. Have you even made a track before?

Jay
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:28 am

aeffertz wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:So how did you end up doing it?


I just used the finish flagger's checkered script to run the flame seq file. Unfortunately the game only allows one finish line flagger so it's kind of pointless right now unless you don't want a guy waving the checkered flag.

Maybe JLV could allow for multiple finish line "flaggers" just like how you can have multiple regular flaggers in the future. Then you could run some cool pyro finish line sequences like in the real sx races.


I did that on a beta finish line I had for SXON about a few months back... I got around it by having the bottom of the image in a screen whilst still having it SEQ to a flame

EG
Image


I didnt release with the track because I could not get the flame seq to look good without using large images (256) .
Image

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: MonsterEnergyKawaski
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby Boblob801 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 am

What do you mean you couldn't get it to look good. That looks amazing.
Hi

User avatar
aeffertz
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 am
Team: W.B.G
Location: Wiscansin

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby aeffertz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 am

Jay wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:So how did you end up doing it?


I just used the finish flagger's checkered script to run the flame seq file. Unfortunately the game only allows one finish line flagger so it's kind of pointless right now unless you don't want a guy waving the checkered flag.

Maybe JLV could allow for multiple finish line "flaggers" just like how you can have multiple regular flaggers in the future. Then you could run some cool pyro finish line sequences like in the real sx races.


I did that on a beta finish line I had for SXON about a few months back... I got around it by having the bottom of the image in a screen whilst still having it SEQ to a flame

EG
Image


I didnt release with the track because I could not get the flame seq to look good without using large images (256) .


Yeah, but I figure most people want a traditional flagger as well as the pyro stuff. Especially the guys making the RF tracks. It'd be nice to have two flame throwers at the top of the finish line thing as well as a flagger hanging out on the jump.
Image

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby JT43 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:07 am

checkerz wrote:
JT43 wrote:It's not rendered its an in game screenshot. C'mon checkerz i thought you were intelligent enough to realize that. Also about the track being in a ditch. It's like that in real life, the entire track has been made to be as close to real life as possible. Sorry if you dont like it but the fact that it's in a ditch cant be changed.

I forgot, only "OMG I CAN'T WAIT" and other forms of e-blowjobs are allowed.

I guess now wouldn't be a good time to tell you that if that is an in game shot the decals could use some variation as they don't have much texture to them and look like a flat color and the lighting bouncing off them looks like a girl who spent too much time fake baking or water spilled on plastic.

Also, roughness usually isn't completely even and straight all the way across the track.

But of course, ignore this whole post or say something stupid back since I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

Don't you and August have some flirting to do or something?


What the fucks your problem? There isn't even any textures on the track yet just to get that one out of the way and as for the roughness go watch a video of the track.
I don't mind taking criticism at all but what your saying isn't criticism it's just bullshit. We don't want to see "omg it's amazing" either. What helps that? None. Guess you're another one of the forum members I can add to the arsehole pile. Oh but obviously everyone's going to think I'm in the wrong here for the amount of people that lick your arse on this forum. I thought you were alright checkerz but I guess you're just a prick like 80% of the people on here. Fuck you.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: MonsterEnergyKawaski
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby Boblob801 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 am

On a side note, Checkers was right about how uniform the Bumps are, although I agree, he was pretty salty about it.
Hi

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby JT43 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 am

I see where you're coming from but irl the track is pretty much just rollers everywhere. I'm sure something can be done to improve on it though. Maybe some more roughness could be added to them or lower them in some areas where most players will ride them, kinda like they've worn away a bit.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

Pumaxcs
Posts: 12984
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm
Team: Kyle/Luiz
Location: Western, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby Pumaxcs » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Replica or not it looks boring as shit. Its all completely flat with roller and tables. Left 180 - rollers - left 180 - rollers - table - rollers - right 90 - table - right 90 - rollers - table - right 90 - rollers - right 180 -etc. Do something to break it up or else the repetitiveness is going to destroy any fun factor this track might have.
Image
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby JT43 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Well what do you suggest be done? It's all well and good saying it looks boring and to mix it up but how do you suggest to do that? When like ive already said, it's a replica, we can't help the design of the track.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
Racers52
Posts: 3127
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 pm
Location: Texas/Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Postby Racers52 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:56 pm

JT is that a sand track?


Return to “Track Editing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests