Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
John23

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by John23 »

staydown wrote:Going with a super realistic look and feel on this bad boy.

Sick track.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

Holy page rape, I plan on checking out tons of test track videos for ideas, I'm going to try and model a new water barrier like the that you find with the Google search of "barracuda water barrier" and use that for some of the corners, and I'm even going to attempt to make animated water sprinklers and guys watering the track too, I also need some feedback on what traction to use for the track, one of the major complaints i get on my tracks is on the traction, I usually just copy the info from someone else's track that no one complains about, yet it gets criticized when I use it, so yea, give me some suggestions of tractions that you like from other tracks

DangerJoe
Team: Privateer

Post by DangerJoe »

The traction on finger lakes is my favourite traction that I've ever rode ingame. That's just my opinion though, everyone will have a different preference so it's always going to be impossible to please everyone
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

DangerJoe wrote:The traction on finger lakes is my favourite traction that I've ever rode ingame. That's just my opinion though, everyone will have a different preference so it's always going to be impossible to please everyone
OMG :shock:
There is someone who actually likes my traction..Never thought I'd see the day...
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Working on another real life replica track :)
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Looks really nice and looks like your could have some nice races on it too will be nice to see it finished
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

Motoboss wrote:
DangerJoe wrote:The traction on finger lakes is my favourite traction that I've ever rode ingame. That's just my opinion though, everyone will have a different preference so it's always going to be impossible to please everyone
There is someone who actually likes my traction..Never thought I'd see the day...
Dont get too exited, it's only about 7.5/10
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

DangerJoe wrote:
Motoboss wrote:
Dont get too exited, it's only about 7.5/10
hah funny one, shut up Joe.... ;)

i too like the traction MotoBoss
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

oi oi, cheeky
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Aaron Hall wrote:Looks really nice and looks like your could have some nice races on it too will be nice to see it finished
Thanks! I really believe that it could be good for racing, if inside vs outsides gets equally compelling. Guess I have to make it that way :lol:
staydown

Post by staydown »

I tried out the traction from Finger Lakes and it works pretty good. I also took away all the cones, made a new water barrier model, randomized the dozer decals, and made an animated track watering guy. Its coming together pretty good. Does any one know of a water tank model that I can use? The Honda test track had the style that I want, but it was an safed folder. I have seen some screen shots of other tracks that have one on it.

vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

Maybe make the normal maps stronger on the decals.. Also Stewart compound might have one not 100%
staydown

Post by staydown »

vortexracingleader wrote:Maybe make the normal maps stronger on the decals.. Also Stewart compound might have one not 100%
Thanks for the advice, the normals do look better in game than in the screenshot. And yes, the Stewart Compound did have the tank.
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

that looks amazing staydown.. just a recommendation i'd make the wet patches a bit slippy , would be cool.
John23

Post by John23 »

I'm currently working on a track and it has many tall hills and i want it to have a lot of elevation changes, but I can't figure out how to make the climb up the hill to be smooth and not to steep. Could someone help me or point me in the right direction?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.