Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by Yamahaman95 »

wilson213 wrote: Anyone wanna try it and give some feedback on displacement?
looks like it might be too square edged to me, but id have to ride it, i can give it a spin, been building tracks for years, i just never release them lol

Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
AjHuett

Post by AjHuett »

wilson213 wrote:Image
Anyone wanna try it and give some feedback on displacement?
If I'm not mistaken, this looks like a 55 gallon drum. In which, the track is very tiny or the drum is enormus. With that being said, it looks like it could be a pitbike track or an underscaled mx track. This is just me basing my opinion off what I see in the picture and I could be very wrong. But looks sick if it's actually to scale in game.
yamirider517 wrote:Oh you gonna make a nigga beg for it?... ok boo.
wilson213
Team: Privateer

Post by wilson213 »

Thanks for the feedback! Yes everything needs to be rescaled in game. Just wanted to throw everything together in max and see what it looks like. Ill post a new render soon.
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

Milestone Sx in the making
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Burkeen820 wrote:Milestone Sx
Remember that one time I saw you there?
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Wouldnt be surprised if anyone else was working on the Bakers Factory, but i figured it would be a cool track to do, still not sure if i want to replicate the tracks already on it or do something off the top of my head, this is also my first attempt at his res satellite mapping
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Yamahaman95 wrote:
Wouldnt be surprised if anyone else was working on the Bakers Factory, but i figured it would be a cool track to do, still not sure if i want to replicate the tracks already on it or do something off the top of my head, this is also my first attempt at his res satellite mapping
How are you getting the high res overlays? google earth looks like dog ass for me. I tried all versions of google earth
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

AtlasZoor wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote:
How are you getting the high res overlays? google earth looks like dog ass for me. I tried all versions of google earth
Zoom in as close as you can, then you basically put all the pictures together like a puzzle. its kind of a pain, i use difference and overlay mode on PS to help me make sure its lined up and so on
michael30

Post by michael30 »

Yamahaman95 wrote:Image

Aaron Hall started it ages ago but will probably never get finished
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

michael30 wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote: Wouldnt be surprised if anyone else was working on the Bakers Factory, but i figured it would be a cool track to do, still not sure if i want to replicate the tracks already on it or do something off the top of my head, this is also my first attempt at his res satellite mapping
Aaron Hall started it ages ago but will probably never get finished
Yeah I have started it like Michael said but due scaling I gave up. Main problem with it I found was that if you run 1.25 scaling on it, still wont be big enough if your trying to run all 3 tracks. Only way around it is have a deep sand traction everywhere but again it still wont feel right. I am happy to make objects for it as I have a few started but terrain wise I probably will never finish it.
AtlasZoor wrote: How are you getting the high res overlays? google earth looks like dog ass for me. I tried all versions of google earth
If you download google earth pro you can export for 4k images straight from it. I think once you make it into a square you are probably working with around 3.7k still good enough for a decal overlay.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

[quote="Aaron Hall"] Yeah I have started it like Michael said but due scaling I gave up. Main problem with it I found was that if you run 1.25 scaling on it, still wont be big enough if your trying to run all 3 tracks. Only way around it is have a deep sand traction everywhere but again it still wont feel right. I am happy to make objects for it as I have a few started but terrain wise I probably will never finish it. [quote="Aaron Hall"]

this is at a 1.23 scale
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Yamahaman95 wrote: this is at a 1.23 scale
Looking at the picture there you can defiantly make the scaling bigger by just increasing the size of your overlay, but if it rides good just ignore me.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Aaron Hall wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote: this is at a 1.23 scale
Looking at the picture there you can defiantly make the scaling bigger by just increasing the size of your overlay, but if it rides good just ignore me.
The only way to make replicas ride well in sim (IMO) is to make the scale whatever you feel, because in reality, unless you use the overlay, no one will know as long as it rides well, that sx is a touch bigger than the actual pad on the satellite, and my sections aren't perfectly lined up with them on the either, but as long as it rides good and is fun, i don't mind. If the environment gives you that "Bakers Factory" feel..then its a success in my book. But you are right, i actually had the map much bigger than this, but wanted to keep my terrain.hf file at 1.0 so i messed with the overlay a bit. I appreciate the input. Since i don't release many tracks, theres really no ego or anything involved lol I do plan on releasing a couple compounds here in a bit..feel kinda bad they've been built for over a year or more and only 8 or so people have ever ridden them.
Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

Post by Tristan.Botteram »

Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Quickly going to put together a little replica of 2018 sx rd9 Atlanta, any input? wanting ruts etc?