Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Re: Post your upcoming tracks

Post by iceman967 »

nice. cant wait to ride them. im working on an SX track that the fastest lap ive pulled is a 1.24. im hoping i can finish it up soon so I can let everyone ride it...
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Terrain Deformation at its best!
Up-coming AX Track...
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My photography work
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

wow thats looks good ! i like it, whaat did you use to make those things in? or is that easy llike photoshop there? :S
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

--erode 0.4
My photography work
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

In berms there is holes,not so realistic lol
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

yeh i know but you don't notice them whilst riding..
My photography work
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

gdt phoenix wrote:The jumps all seem like they are linear slope instead of parabolic. The jumps need to flow in between each one. Let me just post this new track I started to show you what I mean.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3125/render1.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7126/render3j.jpg
You see that weird crease in your berm? If you use a squared number in max when selecting segments (960) is what I'd recommend, you'll get rid of that seam.
Looks cool, but those are some fugly tabletops! Whether they need to ride good or not, they could use a makeover! :) Rest looks cool.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Duckstream wrote:Hey again, here's my project now (new track the last one was not that good)
But i have the biggest problem i could image.. the WHOLE track is covered with these "waves" and i don't want them in there here's a pic or two to show what i mean
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3641/tcprevie2.png
Heres a pic of the first section i made (the pics are old i explain later on this post what is going on) and then it was smooth, but after like 5-6 ruts (that = 5-6 jump or other sections) it came so wavy, now I'm in trouble.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8548/tcprevi3.png
Heres a upshot of the track, the black line is what was not done then, its done now (the hole track is done i just have the problem)
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6853/tcprevi.png
So could someone help me out? do i need to just smooth things out and BTW when doing that i mess my jumps always or braking bumps and stuff...
I think its cause i did NOT photoshop this map, i used a simple photo editing program with less tools and options.
So if anyone is able to help me out it would be a relief.
By the way, im not able to say if the jumps are good to ride (atleast the 5-6 first ones i did was, cause the waves block the bike so bad.)
Reply as soon as possible i want to beging decals and obj placing allready.
A few things that could help a lot...

Dig the jumps into the terrain, not all of them, but some of them. And the whole jump doesn't need to be in the terrain, but 50% or so of the lip should be below base terrain level. The dirt for a national comes from somewhere!

Second, dome shaped jumps are bad for gameplay. The center shouldn't be higher than the rest of the jump slowly tapering to a jump side that drops off. The lip should be fairly flat, straight across between the jump sides.

Third, your jumps are sliding off the hillsides. Again, not all have to be like this, but most should have parrellel lips and not just sit on top of the current terrain. It goes along with digging the track into the terrain as much as building on top of it.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

You mean when the jump like "flows" on the hills that i put the other end higher to make the jump vertical flat? like straight?
If thats so, im just experimenting with photoshop whats possible with this things... i try to make as good as possible but that's really not that easy
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

I think he means when you have a hill, and you want the take-off of a jump to be going up that hill, dig into the hill partly, and shape the lip from what you dug out, then make the top of the lip -flowing with your take off- over top of the slope of the hill. I don't know if that made sense but i tryed.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

im trying to figure out but its... well ill see what happens, i try diggin the uphill jumps like to the ground partly (for now on) and donwhill i will not. and umm flat i will see lol :D
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

another small preview, the turn needs another berm witch i did not make cause I'm lazy ;D
i could say the terrain is 30% done and just figured how to do the shadingx2 works.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Hard to explain, hopefully these pictures will help.

First, digging jumps into the hills. Picture a dozer building the track, they have a hillside, so where do they get the dirt? They'll dig into the front of the hill and then push it up the hill to make a lip. Where they start digging will leave part of the jump into the ground and when they put the dirt up on to sticks out above the ground.

This is early stages of an MVA track, but you can really see how it's dug partway into the ground.

The other thing I mentioned was leaving the lips basically parallel to flat ground, right now it appears your jumps are parallel to the hillside they are laying on. (left side and right side of the track should be relatively level at the peak of the jump unless it's a special case).

See those pictures, although the jumps might be on a hillside, the lips are relatively flat from left to right side of the track.

Hope this helps?
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

i want those tracks in MXS