Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
DJ99X

Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by DJ99X »

This is Upcoming Tracks #2. Post previews (and perhaps Betas) here.

Upcoming Tracks #1 is here
ddmx

Re: Post your upcoming tracks

Post by ddmx »

Here's some new screens, the more i ride it in mxs the more i want to make something out of it.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

ic ic..damn those 2 berms look like u could go 5th gear wfo around them. maybe just me and my bad eyes lol.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

jbob23 wrote:ic ic..damn those 2 berms look like u could go 5th gear wfo around them. maybe just me and my bad eyes lol.
2nd gear, sure as hell not wide open. you have to be really precise. They look like that irl as well, or course, I digitally remastered them some.
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

nice as i said on msn, though that 90 degree turn look a bit dodgey or is that just the camera angle?
Rm85#107

Post by Rm85#107 »

Update :)
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Hey again, here's my project now (new track the last one was not that good)
But i have the biggest problem i could image.. the WHOLE track is covered with these "waves" and i don't want them in there here's a pic or two to show what i mean
Heres a pic of the first section i made (the pics are old i explain later on this post what is going on) and then it was smooth, but after like 5-6 ruts (that = 5-6 jump or other sections) it came so wavy, now I'm in trouble.
Heres a upshot of the track, the black line is what was not done then, its done now (the hole track is done i just have the problem)
So could someone help me out? do i need to just smooth things out and BTW when doing that i mess my jumps always or braking bumps and stuff...
I think its cause i did NOT photoshop this map, i used a simple photo editing program with less tools and options.
So if anyone is able to help me out it would be a relief.
By the way, im not able to say if the jumps are good to ride (atleast the 5-6 first ones i did was, cause the waves block the bike so bad.)
Reply as soon as possible i want to beging decals and obj placing allready.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

In photoshop, you need to be working in grayscale mode, 16 bit.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

That hopefully didn't mean i have to do it again? i COULD do it but its lot of work, also I'm wondering how to make decent jumps that can be Pinned, not like some of those that need to be taken at slow speeds to land in landing.
Any tips for "measuring" it in photoshop? or should i just try making big if you can get good speed on it, and shorter if they got tiny speed area?
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Gdt, or anyone, do you know how to change the bit of the image in Gimp? I've always wondered, i tryed googling it, no luck. Making the terrain for a track in gimp (or photoshop) on an 8-bit image makes the terrain look like it has steps in it, so it would help you Duckstream if you also made your terrain.png a 16-bit image.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

TimFerry15 wrote:Gdt, or anyone, do you know how to change the bit of the image in Gimp? I've always wondered, i tryed googling it, no luck. Making the terrain for a track in gimp (or photoshop) on an 8-bit image makes the terrain look like it has steps in it, so it would help you Duckstream if you also made your terrain.png a 16-bit image.
That could be useful, that track was so hard work :S
I could also try learning gimp on the other computer (witch don't have cs2-3-4-5 any photoshop cause network problems.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

tried gdt:s tutorial and figured this is going to look good actually, but i don't know how rideable that is.
Tell me what you think should i get that one going too (the other ones just waiting to be done lol I'm lazy i start things and cant really finish them)
if anyone has will to make me decals pm me please, I'm not a big fan of them, my decals are maybe good sometimes (artist opinion) but i usually mess them up too much and the perfect things are ruined.
I will finish the other track soon just playing with photoshop things now :)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'd redo the gradients on that berm until it looks a tad bit neater. Also, up the poly count on your render plane, or set it smooth.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

That's not 3DS that's L3DT.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wilson
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilson »

Thats Blender, puma.