Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Duckstream

Re: Post your upcoming tracks

Post by Duckstream »

gdt phoenix wrote:Up the poly count on your render plane, or set it smooth.
I started a new track (that one i posted got me inspired to this one im working, but im not sutch a blender user, could you help a bit?
How i can change the poly count on the render thing? Cause i did these whoops (they show good in l3dt) but when i import my obj of the track its so bad i cant realy even see the whoops anymore.
Thaks for the tips also :)
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

joe_389 wrote:Track looks fun but can we see the whole track, like from the ingame editor
With new decals :)
track.JPG
(41.09 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Drive in water...hmm.. i suggest you make the track go above or side of the water too unrealistic to download like that. and work more on the "blur" of the decals, like they need to blend together bit, i don't know how its rideable but if its your first one its OK i think...
Here's AGAIN a preview from me and again i ask help on this. ;S i post too much i know and i apologize
I got that good in BUT as i import it to the game i just place the vertical scale things in the hf file.
BUT there's one problem, its too big, all of it is, the hills are WAY too big.
Also my horizontal scale is 6m, does that matter in what way? i just tried that and it came out good.
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

OK, but the water dont look like plane in game look here
water.JPG
(101.99 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
water2.JPG
(114.62 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Screenshots are bad cause i havent got time now. You can see how looks water ingame.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

I've shown a preview of AXr1 so here is a preview of AXr3

Begginings of Main Street...(building modelled, cut and paste skin, put in game, 30 minutes...should get better)

whoopde dooos (very long)
nice corners
many options
goin big!
jump into and bounce off that face to clear this (easy tho)
finish double
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

i think that will look very good with a good skin on the seats and shit and some nice lighting! :wink:
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Duckstream wrote:Drive in water...hmm.. i suggest you make the track go above or side of the water too unrealistic to download like that. and work more on the "blur" of the decals, like they need to blend together bit, i don't know how its rideable but if its your first one its OK i think...
Here's AGAIN a preview from me and again i ask help on this. ;S i post too much i know and i apologize
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1402/previe1.png
I got that good in BUT as i import it to the game i just place the vertical scale things in the hf file.
Also my horizontal scale is 6m, does that matter in what way? i just tried that and it came out good.
Ya know what, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but to me, the tracks you have been posting:

Blow every other track preview in the last 20 pages or so right out of the water. Including DDMX's.

You are actually building a track that flows with the terrain. NO ONE ELSE here does that.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I've noticed that too, your track is actually looking really fun to ride.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

Looking good sween! hey whats the track outline look like? Dont forget, usual AX tracks take place in an arena, not a stadium so like at ur local hockey rink compared to football or baseball stadium....
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Garasaki wrote:
Duckstream wrote:Drive in water...hmm.. i suggest you make the track go above or side of the water too unrealistic to download like that. and work more on the "blur" of the decals, like they need to blend together bit, i don't know how its rideable but if its your first one its OK i think...
Ya know what, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but to me, the tracks you have been posting:

Blow every other track preview in the last 20 pages or so right out of the water. Including DDMX's.

You are actually building a track that flows with the terrain. NO ONE ELSE here does that.
There's no way this isn't gonna make me look like a douche, but his tracks are better than this? Out of the probably 8 people that tested it, they all said it's the most fun nat out there.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I figured why the hell not make this track into mxs quality, I can double dip with it. The texs are no where near done, but I spent some time on them tonight. The disp is all but done, no ruts. I might finish the stadium to throw around it sometime this weekend, who knows. Really fun to ride! (right click > view image)

Here's these too:

Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

gdt phoenix wrote:
Garasaki wrote:

There's no way this isn't gonna make me look like a douche, but his tracks are better than this? Out of the probably 8 people that tested it, they all said it's the most fun nat out there.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1380/61824059.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1394/24318455.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8961/96839975.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1425/31750063.jpg
Um have you posted that before? :wink: I said its better then anything I've seen posted here in the last 20 pages. If you did post those pics, I missed em. And I specificially pickd 20 pages to try to eliminate your old previews of that track.

And honestly, yes it (the 1 single tiny section he posted - can't comment on the whole track) looks better to me. He actually pays attention to the corners. Don't get me wrong, your track looks fun and I'd love to ride it, but 2 things strike me:

It looks WFO (and no bumps), which is not fun to me. And maybe it's not, but it just looks that way.

You have a collection of flat sweepers and jumps. No interest in the corners. Obviously your entire effort was put into the jumps. Out of that whole track, the only effort I see put into the corners was a single inside berm. One corner looks like it has an inside hump of some sort. The rest are flat, no berm, no ruts, no elevation change. Looking again, I do see 1 with a berm. Still, exciting corners are what I like.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

I got to say 2 things, i think your tracks (gdt) are LOT better, i like em all.
So don't please don't say I'm a good track maker yet, I'm just testing whats possible to do :S
I'm a new member and gdt is a old member and very important person.
I will NOT ever say I'm better than any of the people who posted in last 20 pages, i will say I'm getting better every time i open photoshop, now i need to figure how the track get imported to the game so the track looks as the same as the preview pic's
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

So true garasaki.But its fun all kind of tracks,flat,bumpy,rough and stuff,i love yours Pottawattamie track,its so fun and realistic i think,but i like flat track too,well maybe not that flat but less bumpy sometimes.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

ya iceman my ax's are turnin out to be MEGA AX or something! lol lap times are short though, 30-40 seconds.