Track showing up blank

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
jordonainger
Team: West Coast Suzuki

Track showing up blank

Post by jordonainger »

I made a replica of my local track and it works on my computer but I zipped the folder and uploaded it to media fire for download but when people download it the track comes up blank for them, what am I doing wrong? Apologies for being a noob haha
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Track showing up blank

Post by Wahlamt »

All track changes saves in the "personal folder", you've most likely put the track in your installation folder, made some changes and not uploaded the changes in the personal folder.
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

ahh okay, so all i have to do is grab it out of my installation folder and chuck it in my personal? where do i find the installation folder??
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

scratch that i found it. i took the track folder out of the installation and chucked it in my personal folder and it came up blank?
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

I could be wrong, but I believe you need to combine the two folders - i.e., put everything that is inside your track folder in your personal folder into the other track folder in your install directory. If that doesn't work, screenshot both folders side-by-side so we can get an idea of what exactly the problem is.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

Didn't work D: here's the screen shots
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

Also should i copy all downloaded files and move them from my installation to my personal or does that not really matter?
Big Smooth one3

The only thing you need in your personal folder are things you are editing - i.e., tracks you're working on. Once your finishing building a track, you can move that folder into your install directory, but any changes you make in editor save into your personal folder. Your screenshot didn't come through, try it again and I'll see if I can tell what's happening, but it's a bit difficult to do without being on the computer itself.
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

ahh okay, thanks heaps man! i just downloaded the blank track folder and put it in my personal but when i go in game it's not there to edit? but then i put it in my install and it shows up?
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

Allgood i found the right folder, so, just for insurance so i don't have to go through the track editing again, once i've completed my track i can drop it straight into my installation folder and it'll come up??
Big Smooth one3

I'm not sure how you would edit a track without seeing it in game. You said if it's in your PF, you can't see it, but when you're done editing "can I just drop it into my install folder." So you have me thoroughly confused...
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

Haha sorry dude, what happened was, I dropped my track into what I thought was my personal folder but it wasn't that's why it wasn't coming up, but I found the right folder and my blank track was found in game, cause what happened with the replica I made was I had made it in the installation then dropped it in my personal and now I'm pretty sure it's gone for good haha but if I do it vice versa will my tracks be able to be downloaded?
Big Smooth one3

You don't have to move anything, I was just giving an example of how the file system works in the game. You can leave the track in your personal folder, I know plenty of people just put everything in there - downloaded tracks, skins, etc. - I just happen to use the install folder for that since it's on my 1TB SSD. So point being, once you have the blank track in your personal folder and see it in game to edit, you don't have to move it at any point.
jordonainger

Post by jordonainger »

Sweet! Thanks for all your help man much appreciated!