HAVE I F****d up?????

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Bradclay306

HAVE I F****d up?????

Post by Bradclay306 »

I've just re-named the first track I've ever done, when I open the track it appears as a flat map. what's happening? I've put a lot of hours into this.

thanks.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: HAVE I F****d up?????

Post by Wahlamt »

Bradclay306 wrote:I've just re-named the first track I've ever done, when I open the track it appears as a flat map. what's happening? I've put a lot of hours into this.

thanks.
If you re-named it, the terrain elevation should still be there, but objects and stuff you've referenced should have disappeared. IF you have your track in this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mx Simulator
You simply don't have all the update to the files there is. Whenever you click save, the new files are saved in:
C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\Mx Simulator
So there is your files. If this is the case, I can explain what to do in a new post. If you for some reason move stuff around before, remember to keep backups.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Bradclay306 wrote:I've just re-named the first track I've ever done, when I open the track it appears as a flat map. what's happening? I've put a lot of hours into this.

thanks.
If you re-named it, the terrain elevation should still be there, but objects and stuff you've referenced should have disappeared. IF you have your track in this folder:
You simply don't have all the update to the files there is. Whenever you click save, the new files are saved in:
So there is your files. If this is the case, I can explain what to do in a new post. If you for some reason move stuff around before, remember to keep backups.
ok, heart attack over. i re-named everything back to what it was and deleted the disc file. the track name has a space in it, is this causing problems with decals, billboards and statues not showing up? any thoughts?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Bradclay306 wrote:ok, heart attack over. i re-named everything back to what it was and deleted the disc file. the track name has a space in it, is this causing problems with decals, billboards and statues not showing up? any thoughts?
You can not have a space in your track folder, but you can have as many as you want in the desc file.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Bradclay306 wrote:ok, heart attack over. i re-named everything back to what it was and deleted the disc file. the track name has a space in it, is this causing problems with decals, billboards and statues not showing up? any thoughts?
You can not have a space in your track folder, but you can have as many as you want in the desc file.
well I think this is the issue then, as when i change the name all the decals and everything show up but none of the gradients or the track itself does. how can i fix this issue? as everytime i try and change all the file names the track doesnt show up.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Bradclay306 wrote:well I think this is the issue then, as when i change the name all the decals and everything show up but none of the gradients or the track itself does. how can i fix this issue? as everytime i try and change all the file names the track doesnt show up.
Look at my first post, about the folders. Are you currently working on a folder that is in this location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mx Simulator ??

If your folder that you're working on is in that folder, it'll explain a bit since it should be in the personal folder. However if you already have a folder in there (auto-created), do not delete it. I'll let you know what happened.
wahlamt wrote:If you re-named it, the terrain elevation should still be there, but objects and stuff you've referenced should have disappeared. IF you have your track in this folder:
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Bradclay306 wrote:well I think this is the issue then, as when i change the name all the decals and everything show up but none of the gradients or the track itself does. how can i fix this issue? as everytime i try and change all the file names the track doesnt show up.
Look at my first post, about the folders. Are you currently working on a folder that is in this location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mx Simulator ??

If your folder that you're working on is in that folder, it'll explain a bit since it should be in the personal folder. However if you already have a folder in there (auto-created), do not delete it. I'll let you know what happened.
wahlamt wrote:If you re-named it, the terrain elevation should still be there, but objects and stuff you've referenced should have disappeared. IF you have your track in this folder:
hello, no the files in my personal folder. along with all the other tracks, bikes etc
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

all the same files after changing the name but the track doesnt show up? getting so annoyed with this.
[imgImage][/img]
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Look at your file path. That is not your personal folder. That is the folder that Wahlamt told you the track should not be in. Your track should be in your mx sim personal folder which is located at C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Local\MX Simulator
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

all the same files are there after re naming it and all the files within the folder with notepad ++, but still its showing up as a flat tile map.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Your terrain.png file wasn't saved. Its showing that it is from 2007. So you either didn't save it, or you accidentally copied a blank file over it
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

thanks you two, just released i was being dumb and changing the file in program files and not my personal folder. :)