Track Saving Help

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
kawi15

Track Saving Help

Post by kawi15 »

Hey ive been useing the in game editor and right now i have two really sick tracks id like to send to my buddies, I press save on the ingame editor and it saves it for me but it dosent save the file in my folder, so when i go to send it to a buddy all he gets is a blank area. how do i save it so it saves in the file to? because right now i can click "s" and come back to it later and play again, but it dosent save in a folder. Any help please???
ddmx

Re: Track Saving Help

Post by ddmx »

By just hitting S you may be taking screenshot, not saving the track. I've never had an issue yet where clicking on the word "save" to the left in the editor hasn't saved my track. Try that.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

It's saving in a folder, it just must not be the folder you are expecting it to.

What folder are you trying to send your buddy?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
kawi15

Post by kawi15 »

to DDMX i switched up my controls and s isnt my screen shot button no more. and to Garasaki, i had the yellow folder which i downloaded the blank track from mxs site. so i finished the track click save. then made the folder into a winrar and sent it to him.
When in Doubt, Throttle er out!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It sounds like you're putting the blank track in your install folder. That won't work because the game doesn't have write access to that folder to save there, so it saves in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\MX Simulator", which you can find by opening All Programs / MX Simulator / MX Simulator Personal Folder.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
kawi15

Post by kawi15 »

AHH!! there it is!!! haha thanks so much jlv!!!
kawi15

Post by kawi15 »

got another problem guys, i got the right file now. but i make it into a winrar send it to my freind he gets it and when he goes to play it while its loading it says "cant open modles/supercross/texturelist"... what am i missing??
kawi15

Post by kawi15 »

lol nvm again haha figured it out