[HELP!!!] Track File Not Working/ Game Gone Rogue

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
TheSheriff
Team: Privateer

[HELP!!!] Track File Not Working/ Game Gone Rogue

Post by TheSheriff »

Hey, New guy here (reposting because first thread never showed up?)

> Be me
> I'm in the process of creating a track
> Now up to decal adding phase
> So essentially, everything was going well, but i wanted to add some new decals to my track, so i did the usual process of putting the decals in the decal folder, and then i went to my decals file to add the bit of code in.
> Now having already placed the three decals all around the track, i expected there to be extra lines of codes which are the new decals I recently placed in their new positions (as there should be?) but there wasn't. Didn't think to much of this and added the new code for the NEW decals i just placed in the decal folder so they show up in game. (picture below is what the file looks like, after the space is the new lines I added. Yes i know some files are overlapped, and no the decals are not under them, and don't show up if i change position)

>Now when i open the game up, the new decals are not showing no matter what, the old 3 decals are still there, and the track is still painted with them (even tho the decals file shows only three placements??)
>what makes this weird, is that after numerous attempts of trying to figure out whats going on, I temporarily deleted the decals file from the track folder, started up the game, and to my suprise, despite there being no decals file, the three decals were still showing on the map and the track was still painted with them !?!?

TL;DR
So my problem is that, its like after i initially added decals to the track folder and file. the game would not pick up any changes i make in the personal folder or file. I can still use those three decals I added the first time and "paint" with them, however, i cant add any new decals.

I hope you understand what i mean!, ill happily provide any more screenshots, insight, or the track link if you want to take a look
ANY help would be much appreciated, Thanks!
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Re: [HELP!!!] Track File Not Working/ Game Gone Rogue

Post by sethypeety »

Open your %localappdat% and look for mx simulator, in that folder look for the track file. you will have to use that folder for track editing.
TheSheriff

Post by TheSheriff »

Thanks heaps man, you were right!
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

TheSheriff wrote:Thanks heaps man, you were right!
No prob, can't wait to try out the new track when you are done :D
CodyF743

Post by CodyF743 »

I tried doing this but it had not worked for me to open it in %localappdata%. [1580.000000 1013.000000] 0.000000 15.000000 1.000000 @MyCompound/SX_Base2.png <------ that is what I had put in for notepad++. I then saved it into my tracks decals. It won't show up when I open the game. Please help me anyone and thanks.
Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

Post by Tristan.Botteram »

its almost looks like the real life ones hhaha :lol:
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

TheSheriff wrote:Hey, New guy here (reposting because first thread never showed up?)

> Be me
> I'm in the process of creating a track
> Now up to decal adding phase
> So essentially, everything was going well, but i wanted to add some new decals to my track, so i did the usual process of putting the decals in the decal folder, and then i went to my decals file to add the bit of code in.
> Now having already placed the three decals all around the track, i expected there to be extra lines of codes which are the new decals I recently placed in their new positions (as there should be?) but there wasn't. Didn't think to much of this and added the new code for the NEW decals i just placed in the decal folder so they show up in game. (picture below is what the file looks like, after the space is the new lines I added. Yes i know some files are overlapped, and no the decals are not under them, and don't show up if i change position)

>Now when i open the game up, the new decals are not showing no matter what, the old 3 decals are still there, and the track is still painted with them (even tho the decals file shows only three placements??)
>what makes this weird, is that after numerous attempts of trying to figure out whats going on, I temporarily deleted the decals file from the track folder, started up the game, and to my suprise, despite there being no decals file, the three decals were still showing on the map and the track was still painted with them !?!?

TL;DR
So my problem is that, its like after i initially added decals to the track folder and file. the game would not pick up any changes i make in the personal folder or file. I can still use those three decals I added the first time and "paint" with them, however, i cant add any new decals.

I hope you understand what i mean!, ill happily provide any more screenshots, insight, or the track link if you want to take a look
ANY help would be much appreciated, Thanks!
how dare you greentext out of 4chan, go lurk moar normie
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Sabo wrote:how dare you greentext out of 4chan, go lurk moar normie
Dane, quit being a fucking douche. If you don't have something helpful to post when he asks for it, just leave it alone.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

DBRider251 wrote:
Sabo wrote:how dare you greentext out of 4chan, go lurk moar normie
Dane, quit being a fucking douche. If you don't have something helpful to post when he asks for it, just leave it alone.
Seems like it had already been resolved, plus Lane with how degenerative 4chan is, that was pretty polite.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.