Released Track Objects

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Released Track Objects

Post by haydugjr »

jlv wrote:I hate to be a curmudgeon here, but wouldn't the doubled output on the kid's solar array be better explained by the 20 panels on his tree vs the 10 on the roof? Or are there 10 panels that are hidden from view on the shady side of the roof? Either way it's a loaded comparison.
I think I see some sticking out on the shady side of the roof, but even so the house is blocking that direction so it wouldn't matter anyways.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

jlv wrote:I hate to be a curmudgeon here, but wouldn't the doubled output on the kid's solar array be better explained by the 20 panels on his tree vs the 10 on the roof? Or are there 10 panels that are hidden from view on the shady side of the roof? Either way it's a loaded comparison.
There are 10 on the other side of the house model. His argument is that there are 20 panels that are getting some light at all times rather than 10 panels getting light half the day and 10 the other half.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I bet you didn't know that some cabinets use the fibonacci sequence to determine the height of individual drawers?

True story.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

ddmx wrote:There are 10 on the other side of the house model. His argument is that there are 20 panels that are getting some light at all times rather than 10 panels getting light half the day and 10 the other half.
You could make a flat plane aimed directly at the sun at noon with 20 panels on it and it would do better than his tree. The only way his tree wins is if the person laying out the conventional array is mentally disabled and aims half of the panels away from the sun.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

jlv wrote:
ddmx wrote:There are 10 on the other side of the house model. His argument is that there are 20 panels that are getting some light at all times rather than 10 panels getting light half the day and 10 the other half.
You could make a flat plane aimed directly at the sun at noon with 20 panels on it and it would do better than his tree. The only way his tree wins is if the person laying out the conventional array is mentally disabled and aims half of the panels away from the sun.
Exactly...

The article did say that when the sun is low in the sky, the kids setup produces 50% more energy than lay flat installations.

Really, the absolutely best setup would be to have a huge pole on top of your house that's above all the trees around you. Have a rotating with solar panels mounted to it at the top. Then have software and electric motors automatically adjust the angle of the panels based on where the sun is.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
jlv wrote:
Exactly...

The article did say that when the sun is low in the sky, the kids setup produces 50% more energy than lay flat installations.

Really, the absolutely best setup would be to have a huge pole on top of your house that's above all the trees around you. Have a rotating with solar panels mounted to it at the top. Then have software and electric motors automatically adjust the angle of the panels based on where the sun is.
And power your motors with a generator :lol:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I could see his idea being applicable if the extra surface area was required to absorb CO2 like a tree. But of course, thats not the case.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Annnyyyywaaaayyyysssss, he noticed that the branches on trees follow the fibonacci sequence... :mrgreen:
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Just like drawers on a cabinet!

http://mathscinotes.wordpress.com/2010/ ... r-heights/

And as for solar panels, there are systems out there that rotate the solar panel to follow the sun around the sky. They are quite common - anyone who is genuinely interested in generating electricity from a solar panel, doe sit that way (the rest of the people just like to say they have solar panels on their building and it gives them a warm fuzzy).
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

OMG big picture :oops:
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Garasaki wrote:OMG big picture :oops:
Holy big bottom drawer batman! Looks like something that you'd see for a tool chest. Except the bottom drawer would be a cabinet instead of a drawer.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

DJ99X wrote:OK, here are a couple of trees. Its the same tree, but in different sizes and colours

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77 ... pwood2.jpg

When putting it in the statues file, make sure you set the rotation to 7.5 to make sure the LODs work properly!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ocbodwbddkfb9be

Y U NO statues filezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :evil:

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Y U NO LEARN HOW TO DO THINGS AFTER ALL THIS TIME
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

DJ99X wrote:Y U NO LEARN HOW TO DO THINGS AFTER ALL THIS TIME
Y U NO GET HE 2 BIZY TALKN TO DEANO TOO L3RN!
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

DJ99X wrote:OK, here are a couple of trees. Its the same tree, but in different sizes and colours

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77 ... pwood2.jpg

When putting it in the statues file, make sure you set the rotation to 7.5 to make sure the LODs work properly!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ocbodwbddkfb9be
No work e or something.
only one to win something real from the game!