Seperate Editor?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
ddmx

Seperate Editor?

Post by ddmx »

Could it be possible in the future to have a separate editor? One that incorporates a 3d view, better object placement capabilities, things like that. It would just be a completely different program.
here is picture of what the unleashed editor looks like cause i think you (jlv) said you have never played it. i know this game is not mva, but this editor really makes it nice when doing a track up. it has options for selecting which object you want and placing it, editing the texture, editing the displacement map, adjusting shadows and sun flares, testing the track, and it is fully 3d with options to view in b & w also.
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Re: Seperate Editor?

Post by rewrew421 »

MVA editor is a joke.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It would definitely make the gui easier. The one thing that is really nice about it being integrated is I can edit a section and immediately ride it. I wouldn't want to give that up.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

it is nice to be able to edit and ride. a 3d view would be very nice though.
gordy

Post by gordy »

you can kinda get a 3d view now, it just requires putting it in replay mode and using the free camera,
but yeah, being able to change the view whilst in the editor would be cool
instupitious.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

jlv wrote:It would definitely make the gui easier. The one thing that is really nice about it being integrated is I can edit a section and immediately ride it. I wouldn't want to give that up.
Its does, it has a "Test Track" button, right next to the "Export" button. I think that, that would would be very help ful in making a track. Have the export button act as python and bundle your track files again. Also so you wont be able to enter the editor.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Actually the worst thing about the MvA editor is how easy it is to use. Allowed no talent n00bs to turn out crappy 5 minute tracks and scared off all the track makers with talent. Well that and....well it's a long list :lol:

There's certainly a lot of good things about the MvA track editor that I would think anyone making a MX game would want to take a look at incorperating.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

Thats why we got none here, non 5 min tracks becouse those sh*tty kids cant play this game, cuz its too mutch for them.
So, lol i want it easier, cuz then i could make some tracks perhaps.

Just a quick show that im not one of those 5 min track builders..

PEACE!
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Dre did the textures for that track but great disp.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

I don't really see what is so difficult about this editor. It's pretty self-explanatory. You can just click around and experiment first instead of trying to go all out the first time building something. And jlv set up the editor page: http://www.mxsimulator.com/editing.html which explains a lot. Plus DJ has been making tutorials too.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

Netdemon01 wrote:I don't really see what is so difficult about this editor. It's pretty self-explanatory. You can just click around and experiment first instead of trying to go all out the first time building something. And jlv set up the editor page: http://www.mxsimulator.com/editing.html which explains a lot. Plus DJ has been making tutorials too.

Thanks wake. iknow it stands on the pic.

Uhm why make it difficult when you could make it easy and mutch better? I mean those who aint so good at english? (im one of them). cant learn from that page, and ive tryed, i just dont get it how to make the berms or jumps, nothing, all i did was a round hill..

Peace
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

do you have photoshop, i could make a photoshop tutorial.
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

ddmx488 wrote:do you have photoshop, i could make a photoshop tutorial.
Cant find crack :$
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

*hits enzo in head with sledge*

Now can u find it?

Dont support pirated software. BUY IT!
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"