timing checkpoints

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
VRT_JPRLisbon_

timing checkpoints

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

I think the timing checkpoints need a fix , for exemple on EK park is possible cut some straights of the track and the game still count the lap time of it ,
my best lap there is 70.3 but 100% on the track and without cuting bales , but for exemple after the woops if we go forward to the grass and cut the next 2 straights ,a berm and a tabletop , the game still count the lap time , to around 65 or 66 that what i did cutting that part oif the track .

I dont know how this things work but i think was good change the game to that we need to pass on all checkpoints from 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 , 5 ... till the end gate.

about other thing:
When we finish our track is there any program to "ZIP" all that files to any type of .file that the game can read and that anyone can't open to dont change it ?
I think this would be good.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It penalizes you at the end of the race. Let all the bikes finish, then it will change from "Unofficial Results" to "Final Results" and penalties will be given to the players that cut and beat the average time through that section.

The script I bundle the files with is a unix shell script. Nothing for windows yet. The script is dirt simple, it just does this:

Code: Select all

find track/* -maxdepth 0 -printf '%s %p\n' >track.saf
echo - >>track.saf
cat track/* >>track.saf