Need help with creating berms.

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
IttayOren174
Team: Privateer

Need help with creating berms.

Post by IttayOren174 »

Hello everyone. I am new to the game & the track editor, this is my 1st message here :D

I decided to build a track based on a real life track near where I live. The track is supposed to have two berms that are around really wierd bends.
I keep failing at making a proper berm for these bends, could anyone suggest an idea for making said berms?

The method I've done so far was create a gardient & using radial paint around it with focus on 0 but that only works well on 90 or 180 degree turns most of the time.

Here's a screenshot to which I added red markings where the berms are supposed to go.

https://scontent.ftlv6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5C344B8F

If this is the wrong place for this question please let me know where the proper place is, I really don't know :lol:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Need help with creating berms.

Post by Wahlamt »

You can use this method:

I'd say save the track, it may take a few attempts. It's a bit hard to explain, but making berms like this will roughly be:
1. Set the size so the middle of the circle is on the edge and the outer circle is in the middle of the track.

2. Focus 0, start painting outside of the track just before the berm and smoothly "fade in" so your circle center goes along the edge of the track, then at the end of the berm, smoothly "fade out".

Keep lowering the size so it get steeper at the top. A good strength is usually -2.5 to -3.5. By starting and finising outside of the track, you won't have a big hump in the beginning of the berm in the track. You should vary starting and ending a bit before and after. If you start/end on the same place all the time, the entry will be abrupt. Also a ending/starting a bit sideways can help too.
IttayOren174
Team: Privateer

Re: Need help with creating berms.

Post by IttayOren174 »

Thanks! it worked.
Now I'll practice making these bends properly :D